Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Another Boot Ripped!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Boot Ripped!!!!!

I am procrastinating and staring at my paper on the middle east. Internet makes not doing work so much easier.... what would students do without it?

Old 12-12-2004, 06:23 PM
Range Rover

Like Scooby used to say "Rots of Ruck"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-12-2004, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

much thanks, ill need it. I dont understand most of this lol

Old 12-12-2004, 06:29 PM
Range Rover

All I know about the Middle East is its bery bery bad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] stay out unless you have to go!

Old 12-12-2004, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider

^^ Thats what i thought until now. apparently theres some politics involved over there to write about.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 12-14-2004, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

Alright my class fought and got the paper and presentation pushed back a day, so now i have this free time to waste (the "last minute" was reassigned to tomorrow night).

Anyways, i hope to get the wheel off tomorrow after school so i should be able to get that picture for you, Danny. And could you PM me your email address? I know it was on a post on this thread, but i've scrolled up and down this page ten times and don't see it.

Also, does anyone have experience with the Gorilla Axle CV boots? They look pretty tough, but some opinions would be nice: GorillaAxle Polaris Axles

Thanks all

Old 12-15-2004, 06:04 PM
yaK
Pro Rider

anyone try 303 protectent on thier boots? I used it on the latex gaskets on my dry top and it keep them shinny black and very supple.....its a uv block also...made for rubber stuff
I got 950 kms on my machine in 65 hours and my boots have been fine so far....I ride in clear cuts alot and there is sticks and crap galore, also alot of muskeg whick packs in everywhere and it full of sticks and crap also.....

Old 12-15-2004, 06:09 PM
yaK
Pro Rider

303 link 303 link

Old 12-20-2004, 02:51 PM
Gup
Weekend Warrior

If your are a light rider, the suspension won't squat down as far forcing the cv joints to run at a more severe angle. The more severe the angle the greater the twisting stress on the cv boot and the more the bellows rub together as the axle rotates. This twisting stress will eventually cause the stock boot to open apart sometimes without ever coming in contact with a stick, etc. even though it looks like a tear. Not sure why but it may be related to the quality of the rubber used for the boot. Polaris has a replacement boot kit (Polaris PN 2202629) to minimize this problem. This boot has a better design and uses a higher quality rubber. It will outlast the stock boot anywhere from 4 to 10 times longer. The same boot works for both the inner and outer joints on the Sportsman and it will also replace the front boots on all Polaris models and all years. The boot is universal and will fit most other brand ATVs. My local Polaris dealer was not aware of this boot so I don't know if your dealer will know about it.

Old 12-20-2004, 04:22 PM
Pro Rider

Thank you Gup, that part number is exactly what i was looking for. I have a thread somewhere else asking for it, but here is just as good. That is what the dealer recommended, but he sent me out to get the part number. Maybe next time i'll try that one.

Was it created to solve this problem, or is it just a higher quality boot in general?

Thanks again

Quick Reply: Another Boot Ripped!!!!!