Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

windshield

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 11:48 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default windshield

If you didn't get a windshield yet I just got the latest catalog from Royal Distributing and they have the Valec Sport Sportsman windshield/ fairings for the Sportsman on clearance. They have them in all the Polaris colors for 149.95 Canadian, regular list is 229.95.

Old 01-02-2005, 03:18 PM
Trailblazer
Default windshield

Rejean, you are right, sorry for the misinformation. I looked at them closer and they are similar but different. They both even have Sportsman decals on them but the ones at Royal have no mirrors and they don't wrap under the headlight. Bummer, it sounded like a good deal.

Old 01-03-2005, 09:43 PM
Trailblazer
Default windshield

I have a ? for rejean or anyone else has has direct knowledge about the VIP-Air windshield.

I see where they do not recommend trailering the ATV backward, now the make sense, but how about sideways on a trailer? Even facing toward the front. Is there any suggest speed to stay under?

rejean, how do U have ur ATV loaded on the trailer. Have they stayed in shape or "ON" Do they buffer around during the trailer ride at highway speeds?

I am also wondering about the flex or strength in the windshield in terms of being able to take tree branch strikes on the trail.

Does anyone have some photos of this WIP-Air mounted. I am really interested in the driver view from behind. Some closeups around the Polaris POD from both side would be nice also. In general, just how does this unit fits a Polaris.

TIA