Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

dail-a-jet???????

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004 | 10:28 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default dail-a-jet???????

Dose anyone use one of these, and do they work for you, I live in wisconsin and I like to ride all year long and the temps get from 90 degrees in summer to -10 in the winter, the dealer told me my new tld pred is jetted for temps to be like 40 degrees from factor ,, so when its cold it runs to lean, and im thinking about a eaiser way to jet without changing jets every winter and summer so is dail -a-jet work and is it a good product????????????

Old 12-23-2004 | 10:34 PM
Trailblazer

I have heard nothing but good things about them. I haven't used one yet but they are alot better then just leaving your jets the same year round. Plus it increases performance!!!!

Old 12-24-2004 | 12:26 AM
Pro Rider

I had one on my Polaris Sportsman 500. But my reason was because I run anywhere from 4500 - 13000 feet in altitude....when I would get above 10000 feet, the machine would barely run....I put the kit on and then could change pretty easy by removing the seat and changing the dial...worked great....not sure it is going to help that much in your case, but it will some....

Old 12-24-2004 | 12:54 AM
Trailblazer

The Dial-A-Jet should help your riding condition for the same reason it helps with altitude changes. The issues common with both are air density. Cold air becomes more dense, which closely resembles getting closer to sea level. In that case your mixture moves toward the lean side with greater density (volume) of air. In that case you need to change your fuel air mixture. The DAJ allows this by turning down the air inlet.

At higher temps, the air density dimenishes. You can adjust the five position dial on the DAJ to allow more air.

The DAJ assists you by making jetting changes as simple as the turn of a dial! The only trick, if there is one, is finding a good benchmark jet/DAJ combination that allows flexibility in your temperature extremes. I'd be willing to be the folks at Thunder Products, or other riders in your area, may be able to assist you. I'd want to set the jetting and DAJ such that it's running really efficient at an average temperature. If the DAJ is set near it's mid-point you'd have adjustment room toward both ends of your tuning spectrum.

I have no doubts it would be of benefit to your particular situation. I love mine and don't ride in nearly as extreme conditions as you do.

Old 12-24-2004 | 01:16 AM
Pro Rider

i just got my dial a jet from rockymountainatv today. i plan on getting it installed soon for winter riding. dont have much snow just yet but i want to be ready. i will post results.

X