Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator mods HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 04:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator mods HELP

Where do accessories and mods for a pred.. i gotta 05 std .. any good website cause i cant fine much

Old 12-30-2004, 04:50 PM
Trailblazer

http://www.rockymountainatv.com , that's a good site. And then you could go to the main polaris website and click on 'accessories & apparel' link, which would take you to accessories for your ATV.

Old 12-30-2004, 05:38 PM
Pro Rider

here are a couple places

nicholas cycle
hpd

Old 12-30-2004, 05:54 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks a lot i just havent been able to find much.. how much will a carb help with a pipe on.. whats ur a opinion of the best pipe

Old 12-30-2004, 06:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

www.nicholascycle.com
www.hpd-inc.com
www.rathracing.com

Stick with these sites for performance........

As for the carb, new ones are pretty expensive, but you can get a carb mod done by Nicholas cycle.........it makes a world of difference.
Also, with that carb mod, you can get a drop in K&N air filter, and drill 3 or 4 1" holes in the back of your airbox(under where filter seals)

As for pipes......you'll hear a lot about them. But performance wise........the Rath Racing head pipe with the nicholas cycle silencer is the best setup.......with a close second of the HPD powermaxx pipe........and the Rath head pipe with the rath silencer.

Old 12-30-2004, 10:06 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

My Pure Polaris slip on, with the Rath Header is great. I have never bought anything from HPD, but Rath & Nicholas Cycle is great. If you have any questions give them a call. And just like Brad said the Carb mod is unreal.

Rocky Mountain is a good place to buy stuff, but every thing I want is out of stock. If it is in stock they are a real good place to buy stuff. I have always had good luck with them, but it seems they are out of stock on alot of things for the Pred.

Old 12-31-2004, 01:44 AM
Trailblazer

How much does the carb work make a difference....whats the next best thing to do besides a pipe ... how hard are cdi to install

Old 12-31-2004, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider

The CDI's are easy. They are located behind the plastic beneath your left leg. Simply unplug the old one and plug the new one in. After a pipe and proper jetting, consider the CDI. After that, Cams, Big Bore, Stroker, The sky is the limit!

Old 12-31-2004, 09:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

The carb mod is one of the first things you need to do(other than pipe and filter and airbox mod)..........the carb mod increases throttle response a lot, and also gives more power out of the carb. It is a great mod, and well worth the money.

If I were you, I'd probably go with this setup(for the average trail rider, who likes some drag racing)

WB slip on(possilby Rath header someday)......take the disks out, once you've had the rest of these mods.
Nicholas Cycle carb mod
K&N drop in filter
Air box mod(holes in rear)
-----------------------------------------------------That right there will be pretty fast.......but next you can.......
Nicholas Cycle cdi(he has a cheap one that increases the rpm 1000, and an expensive on that changes the rpm and power curves)
High compression piston
Cams,etc.......

You best bet on this stuff, is to just go to the nicholas cycle website and look around. And then give him a call, he loves to talk!!!!

Old 01-02-2005, 11:30 PM
Trailblazer

what exactly do they do to the carb...do u send it to them cause i dont live near them... and does the higher rpms put on by the cdi will it hurt the motor any

Quick Reply: Predator mods HELP