Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

scrambler steering problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 12:47 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scrambler steering problem

i was riding today on my scrammy in alot of mud and water all of a sudden it starts pulling realhard to the left and then it would stop it did this off and on all day it has done this the last to times i have been riding i thought it was mud getting on the brake rototrs at first but now i am not to sure. Has anyone else encountered this prob. Could it be locking into 4wd and if so what do i need to look for thnks guys

Old 01-01-2005, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

It is one of your front hubs staying locked in 4x4. Most common reason is the hub fluid needs to be changed.

Old 01-01-2005, 01:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

i just changed the hub fluid but i did not check it before i went this time riding i will check and see if it helps.Any other suggestions

Old 01-01-2005, 06:20 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Originally posted by: samich
i just changed the hub fluid but i did not check it before i went this time riding i will check and see if it helps.Any other suggestions
yep,,,,change the fluid in the hubs to start

Old 01-01-2005, 02:33 PM
Range Rover

yes, I have a suggestion. Check your boot for a tear in it. My scrambler did the exact same thing you mentioned after riding through a lot of water. My CV boot was torn and water had gotten into the boot. The cv joint began to seize up. That is EXACTLY what it felt like. I ended up having to replace the whole shaft on the one side. I kept the old part and it is frozen up solid. A costly part so make sure all you scrammy owners out their keep good cv protection on your quad. Good luck!

Old 01-01-2005, 11:38 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Revshredd A costly part so make sure all you scrammy owners out their keep good cv protection on your quad. Good luck!
Great advise.! It doesnt take much to tear a CV boot. I made my own gaurds because I just couldnt find a set out there that had the protection that I wanted AND was made out of aluminum. Actually a pretty easy part to make

Old 01-02-2005, 09:47 AM
Range Rover

yeah big big bad scrambler, I saw those on your bike. How did you make them. I'd like to make a similar pair for mine. Did you make a pattern or what? Thanks for the help!

Revshredd

Old 01-02-2005, 03:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Yeah, I just made a pattern out of cardboard and got all the angles, and shapes that I wanted and just started bending some aluminum. I attached them to the a-arms with u-bolts

Old 01-03-2005, 05:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

yep!!! both my boots r torn i will replace them and i bet that does the trick i have been rebuilding the whole bike slowly and i have the boots just have not put them on i have to get some clampers can i just use the ones that i can buy at any auto store

Old 01-03-2005, 05:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider

You can use the same clamps that they use for automotive style CV joints. Autozone has the special boot clamp pliers that you can borrow also. And trust me, they make things go MUCH easier.

Quick Reply: scrambler steering problem