Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Another which one...but 600 vs 50HO????

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 01:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another which one...but 600 vs 50HO????

well i am going to start making the calls to 3 different dealers in the Los Angeles area. those guys are sharks and i will see which one will bite. My local guy wants full sticker and wont budge so I guess i am going to have to travel. if my local guy would come close i would buy from him but when the difference is 1300.00 well i got to do whats right......

the winch is going to be the deciding factor for me, on which dealer gets my cash.....

wish me luck , and on to the fun part i go....

Old 01-02-2005, 08:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a polaris 600. My grandpa has an ho. I like the power off the line with the 600 better and might be better for pulling. The 600
is heavier but it feels more comfortable on the trail to me probably because I'm used to it. I read an article that said the 600 had 20% more torque and 8% more horsepower. That could be also offset by the weight.

Old 01-02-2005, 11:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i will say it now, the 500 H.O. will run neck and neck in a drag with a 700 twin. the 500 is an AWESOME motor, probebly the best one polaris has ever drawn up. the only thing you'll find different between a single and a twin is that the twins eat more gas, dont have recoil, produce more torque, and are pushrods. the H.O. is a 4 valve SOHC, reason it being so good

Old 01-02-2005, 11:51 PM
EAB
Pro Rider

As far as power goes I have a friend that has the 500HO and he goes to the dunes with us all the time. He runs the stock tires and he goes wherever we go (except up China wall[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]). Every time he goes with us i'm always amazed at how well he does on that bike.

Old 01-03-2005, 02:01 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: mudbug2
Hello Wildland and welcome to the forum. First of all I own a 600 and love it. My brother has a 500ho and I love it also. They are both capable af anything that you would put them through. Here are some plus and minus issues.....

The 600 has more power, but the 500 feels like a softer ride to me. The recoil starter is a plus, but ive never had an issue with not having it (yet). The sound of the v-twin is awesome.
The bottom line, its a no lose situation. Good luck
ahhhhh... V-TWIN ? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 01-03-2005, 06:05 AM
2c3
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: spyder6
i will say it now, the 500 H.O. will run neck and neck in a drag with a 700 twin. the 500 is an AWESOME motor, probebly the best one polaris has ever drawn up. the only thing you'll find different between a single and a twin is that the twins eat more gas, dont have recoil, produce more torque, and are pushrods. the H.O. is a 4 valve SOHC, reason it being so good
i would like to get in a drag with a 500 ho with my 05 700efi. id suck that thang up my exsaust and spit it out!!!!!!!!!! he he. as far as the recoil goes no one ever uses them so when they acually need them they wont work from being clogged up with mudd.

Old 01-03-2005, 09:19 AM
Pro Rider

Wildland,
I still say, if you want a proven machine, you cannot go wrong with the H.O. The money you save can be put towards the winch and whatever accessories you're going to want. Did you approach your local dealer with cash in hand? Are quads moving off his floor at that higher price? Even if they are, I don't see how he could turn down moving a unit off his floor. I would just be totally frank with him and say hey, I want to give you my business, but I'm not an idiot. I can get this thing for $1300 cheaper somewhere else but I'd rather give my business to you but, only if you can come close to or match that price.

Also, if you are calling around, ask for the out the door price with tax, title and all other fees included. Then tell the guy on the phone to make sure it's okay with his sales manager. The guys at the dealer will tell you a nice price over the phone just to get you in the door, but when you get there and it's time to make the deal they'll tell you, "I'm sorry, but I just can't go that low after all. Here's what I can do..." Don't let him finish his sentence at that point, just head towards the door.

Good luck! Let us know what you get!

2c3,
You gotta get some pics of that thing in action covered in mud!

HIT IT HARD!

spyder6,
Dude, you're 15 and you got an 800! That's cool as h*ll. Someone get him a beer...oops, oh yeah, he's only 15! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Same goes for you though... HIT IT HARD!

Old 01-03-2005, 11:27 AM
Trailblazer

Go with the 500ho i love mine it handles great with plenty of power they are almost bullet proof the recoil starter is a big plus (i had to use it once ) tell the dealer what you want to pay otd with winch installed then when you get a good price see if another dealer can beat it it's a game
i did the same thing my local dealer wanted 7400 otd i got it for 6200otd from another dealer the only problum i had was my local dealer is a DICK they refused to warranty a bad batt because i didn't buy from them. the winch is pretty easy to install with the polaris kit good luck

Old 01-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok the dealer called me a few hours ago and said 6605 OTD with winch and brushguard. I do have one question about the bike. that is the reason I didnt fly down to the shop and pick it up. How is the down hill with this thing? I am a sport quad guy and and am used to gears on the down hill. I keep reading about how squirley they are as the back end locks up. PLus the weight is kinda scaring me, , is it hard to get back on its wheels if you dump it? These are my last 2 questionf then I will be buying.

Friends are telling me KQ, or kodiak instead.

I wanna do MUD Riverbeds decent climbing etc, I dont care about go fast..

Old 01-03-2005, 04:49 PM
Range Rover

I've had my 03 upside down after doing a donut on some ice and catching. It rolls back pretty easy. As far as the EBS, it takes a little getting used to, but once you get the feel it's not bad at all.

Quick Reply: Another which one...but 600 vs 50HO????