Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator pipes

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 11:27 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator pipes

I've been thinking about getting the pure polaris pipe for my 2004 predator, but I need some input. Is this a bolt-on item that I will definately notice the difference. My pred is completely stock other than a bumper, but I want more grunt with it. I realize you have to open up the intake also, and I am looking into a diff type filter right now, but I want to know if a pipe, filter and jetting will be worth the time and money. In the real world, how much hp will I gain, not on website dyno's that show 10hp increases by their pipes.

Also, what type of power does the pure polaris pipe give?

thank you

Old 01-04-2005, 11:43 AM
RAJ
Pro Rider
Default Predator pipes

I have the Pure Polaris pipe with the Rath Header.....this is a great combo. It's hard to get the Hp out of a 4 stroke. If you had a 2 stroke you could get 10 hp out of a pipe. I would say with the Pure Polaris pipe and a K&N with the air box mod....and if your jetting is right probly 5-6 hp. I can not have any thing that is stock, I at least have to pipe it.

Old 01-04-2005, 12:35 PM
Trailblazer
Default Predator pipes

I guess what I'm looking for is the most powerful engine that doesn't have internal engine work done to it. I need to keep it reliable because... I just cant afford to fix it. I've seen all the big bore kits and stuff, but then I hear about how with higher compression you need to mix with $8/gal race fuel and the engines are having definate reliability issues. I realize that any hp increase will sacrafice some reliability, I just don't wanna fix it all the time. Like I said, I'm gonna do a pipe, filter and jet kit, and possibly a header pipe simply because the stock one is UGLY cuz it rusts.

What kind of filter is everyone running? Heard that you have to be careful with K&N.

Old 01-04-2005, 02:01 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider
Default Predator pipes

I would get the rath header....and I would send my carb of to Nicholas Cycle for him to mod it. I would also get the cdi box from Doug. I don't know what kinda of air box mod you are going with. You can do the clamp on twin air, or get the rath intake, or use a drop in K&N and drill some holes in the air box.

Old 01-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Predator pipes

I agree with Raj on this stuff........If money isn't really a problem here, and you want pure performance, then here's your stuff......

Rath Racing header
Nicholas Cycle pipe
Nicholas Cycle cdi(cheap one)
Nicholas Cycle carb mod
Rath Racing air intake(expensive one)
K&N air filter that clamps on

You could change that setup to.......

Wb/pp pipe
modded airbox(4 1" holes in the rear of it)------or if you don't want to mod your box, I have one for sale[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
K&N drop in filter

Old 01-04-2005, 03:02 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider
Default Predator pipes

Here are the web sites Nicholas Cycle Rath Racing.

Old 01-04-2005, 03:03 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Predator pipes

The low fuss mods are like you stated....basically opening up the air-flow. Getting your stock header pipe Jet-hot coated is a great solution to the rusting stock finish. Between HPD and Rath, you have two great sources for performance parts. One thing to keep in mind is decibal readings, that's where the Pure Polaris and the quiet HPD system shine.

K&N filters are great, you just have to use some common sense when using them. Don't use high PSI air to clean them out. I think we all have "gently" blown out various filters with a controllable air gun. If you are careful, they last a long time. Skip the K&N cleaner and get some 409, Simple Green, or generic equivalent. Use the K&N filter oil though.

As for other mods, you will need to re-jet, but personally, just the intake and exhaust can really wake up the machine.

Old 01-04-2005, 03:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Predator pipes

I'd really think about the nicholas cycle carb mod, airbox mod, and a pipe(with header)........the HPD powermaxx pipe is another solution too. Between those three or four, you should have a lot of power. I wouldn't go with anything else........