Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Matching switches for your polaris (fan, grips, etc)

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Matching switches for your polaris (fan, grips, etc)

If anyone is interested I am trying to get a group order going for some matching fan switches for the new Polaris pods. I found the company that makes the utility/backup light switch. They have the capability to make ones with a fan on it (for turning on your fan), headlight (for three light mod), etc. They have an existing match for heated grips if you are intested in that also. The switches are around $8.00 each and like I stated are the exact match for the existing ones. The new pods have punchouts for three more switches.

You can see my example here (note that these are some switches by the same company, just not with cool icons on them):
http://www.ansley.net/temp/switches.jpg

Here is the example of the fan switch:
http://www.ansley.net/temp/fan.jpg

Here is the example of the heated grips switch:
http://www.ansley.net/temp/grips.jpg

So, I need about 12 more people for fan switch to get that ball rolling. The heated grip switch there is no minimum order ammount so I can get those. If anyone is interested please email me at texmudder@ansley.net.

Old 01-06-2005, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

TexMud and I have been talking about this. He has setup with the new switches on his machine, I will be setting up mine with this. The are sealed switches and a quality items. There are many different options and configurations. I haven't found a switch that was 100% watertight, but these are about the closest you can get, nice feel, same switch used on the 2005 machines for the worklight....if you go with the off/on configuration.

dave

Old 01-06-2005, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider

According to spec, these are submersible and designed to meet IP68.

Old 01-06-2005, 10:16 AM
Range Rover

I've been looking for switches like this..... WIll these work on a '03 pod???

ZMan079

Old 01-06-2005, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider

Honestly they will work in any thing. I have no clue what the 03 pod looks like, but as long as there is a flat spot, they should work.

Old 01-06-2005, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider

Who's switches are they?

Old 01-06-2005, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider

Otto Eng makes the switches. I got back with the person I had been talking to there. We has a misunderstanding on the minimum order to create the new fan switch that I was wanting to get created. I would need to order and pay for aroun 100 switches which there is no way I am doing. So for now, I will place the order for a few heated grip switches that they have.

Old 01-06-2005, 06:44 PM
Trailblazer

Hey TEXMud any chance you could post the part number for the rocker switch in the first link/pic you listed? Also, interested in the heated grip switches if they are the same style as the ones on your machine.

Thanks,

Mike

Old 01-06-2005, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

I wish they were round ... isn't it hard to cut the hole for the switch?

Old 01-06-2005, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 20045SP500HO
I wish they were round ... isn't it hard to cut the hole for the switch?

I believe there are round ones out there, but I like everything to look squarish, like on the '05's work light switch...As far as the rectangular switch, I can give you the exact dimensions to cut out...

Otto technologies makes the switches for the Polaris's. I did have my original one go bad, not sure why, the dealer replaced it. What I plan on doing is lighted switches. I will be replacing my work light switch with a lighted switch, so when it is on, the light is on. Driven around too much with the work light on and didn't know it. I will also be putting these in the 3 headlight kit that I sell, its going to up the price, but will be well worth it to have a quality water-tight switch.

One of the things we have also been working on is the reverse override switch in the same configuration. I plan on pulling apart my Cycle Country heated grip switch and putting in a 3 position switch in the pod. With the windshield on the handlebars, I can fit the Cycle Country switch assembly there, but makes for alot of crap on the handlebars...

dave

Quick Reply: Matching switches for your polaris (fan, grips, etc)