Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Scrambler 500 - What mods to get?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 04:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scrambler 500 - What mods to get?

First I want to thank everyone for their posts. I've been reading them for a while trying to decide what to buy, and I finally went out and bought a Scambler. Paid $5555 plus tax, hopefully that wasn't too bad of a deal. Now I'm trying to figure out what I need to do next. I talked with Rick Ritter about an HPD pipe, clutch kit, air box/filter, and a chain tensioner. Seems like this is a must have, but should I wait until the warranty has expired before I do this? I also want to get some type of winch. Any suggestions? I would like to put the winch on the front, but I also think this quad needs a front bumper. From what I can tell, it's either one or the other, not both. What does everyone think? What other mods should I do to this thing?

Old 02-02-2005, 06:20 PM
Elite Pro Rider

A few other areas to upgrade would be a TEAM roller secondary clutch (get this at the same time as you get the clutch kit, they will substitute some parts and save you some $$$). Also you can upgrade to new aluminum wheels. The DG bumper provides great protection as well. If you go with that, you would want to mount your winch in the rear. That will also help keep the weight off the front end. If you ride a lot at night, upgrading the headlights to 55wt driving lights makes a BIG improvement. You can get a tank saddle bag also. Those REALLY come in handy, as does a rear rack. Handgaurds, shock covers. They also come in handy.

Old 02-02-2005, 07:06 PM
Trailblazer

Go with a hpd clutch kit, full hpd exhaust, larger carb (mikuni or kliehn), k&n, high performance belt from hpd, chain tensioner, and if you really want to get fancy port that thang! You may also want to upgrage the suspension.

Old 02-03-2005, 03:11 AM
Range Rover

It sounds like you bought a nice Scrambler maleyb.I would stick with the advice that Rick Ritter gives you.As long as you stay with one company when you want to try out new parts or have a tech question for them it's easier for them to help you out or help you set up your combo if you're using a kit or products that they have tested and set up to work together.I've also recieved some good advice and have been given alot of ideas from the members of this forum.Check out some of the photo gallery pages on the forum of the members who have Sports, Scramblers and Trailblazers.