Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Winch mount for Trailboss

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 02:35 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winch mount for Trailboss

I'm new to the forum, I was wondering if anyone has an idea of a winch mount for the tailboss. Mine is a 2000, I am thinking of buying a HF 2000lb winch and mounting it similar to the pictures on 2manytoys boss..

Old 02-04-2005, 09:23 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

The front bumper isn't the same for the 330. If you take the plastic off the top of the bumper (from bumper to where it mounts on frame) there are holes you may be able to mount it to. Seriously considering putting one on mine. Keep seeing some on ebay for around 70 bucks. Not sure about their quality, only thing that keeps me from buying.

Old 02-04-2005, 11:31 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the infor, Harbor Frieght is having a sale right now 2000lb for 49.96. For that amount of money I think its worth a try. If I mount one I will sent the details.

Old 02-04-2005, 05:30 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

This is what I was looking at. Has the complete set up. He's got a couple of different auctions for these ranging from about 45 to 55 dollars. Ebay winch

Old 02-04-2005, 07:10 PM
Trailblazer

Jsut watch the $24 shipping charge on those $28 on some. But the mounting plate and farlead might be worth it.

-Jeff

Old 02-04-2005, 07:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Go to Bigbuck atv. They hav winch mounts for just about everything. Thats where I got my mount for my 330. And I have that same winch and it works very well. Get it at harbor freight. You will save on the shipping. Definately get a rollar fairlead.

Old 02-04-2005, 07:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Also so you know, Chicago Electric makes these winches and they are the same as the Superwinch 1500-2000 lb winches. Chicago electric makes them for Superwinch and Superwinch puts their name on it. The only thing you will have to do is wire up a different switch. The hand held switch is just way to big. Once you get one I can tell you how to wire it up and then you can mount the switch on the pod like mine.

Old 02-06-2005, 04:49 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: 2manytoys
Go to Bigbuck atv. They hav winch mounts for just about everything. Thats where I got my mount for my 330. And I have that same winch and it works very well. Get it at harbor freight. You will save on the shipping. Definately get a rollar fairlead.
2manytoys: Did you get the Cycle Country Winch Mount (WMP-20-3170)? I picked up the Chicago winch at Harbor Freight and wanted to do a nice clean install like the mount on your Boss. Just wanted to check which mount you ordered before I sent my order in to them.
As for the handswitch, I agree with you, it is way too big. How did you wire it into the pod?
Thanks.

Old 02-06-2005, 06:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

It was the ramsey WMP-R75 mount. It only cost like 39-49 dollars. It is built very strong. Stronger than the bumper. I got the switch from Lowes. It is a heavy duty winch switch. It cost $8.00. I need to find the part number because It seems I have been the first one on this sight to put a winch and wire a toggle on the boss and I cant remember all the part numbers. I do know how to wire it once you get the switch. I will try to look for the part number for the switch.

Old 02-06-2005, 07:47 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info, just wanted to make sure I got the right mounting kit. The Ramsey mount doesn't come with a fairlead, does it? Did you get your fairlead at Cycle Country also?

Any info on the switch would be great, thanks!!! I was going to put together a complete list of all the gear needed once I get done, I have 2 friends with Trail Boss' also and they want to add winches too. I'm the guinea pig for this little experiment. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Winch mount for Trailboss