Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

scrambler locked up, need help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 06:02 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scrambler locked up, need help.

alright my scrambler has been sitting on the trailer allll winter. so i decided to take it off and put it in the garage to warm up. well it was covered in snow so i decided to winch it off the trailer using the sportsman. well as i was pulling it the back tires werent moving. i got it off the trailer and started it up and then it moved. so i drove it down the block and back and put it in the garage. well i went out there this morning and it wouldnt move.

i put it in nuetral and it wouldnt move, it was like it was locked in gear. the secondary clutch would move freely and everything. but the back tires wouldnt. i put it in gear and the secondary clutch woudlnt move at ALL. so im wondering if my transmission is shot? (and the brakes arent on cuz i toke the back brake off to be sure)

Old 02-11-2005, 06:18 PM
Pro Rider

either your brakes are just frozen with ice, or you might have water in your rear axle bearings and it is frozen.

just a few ideas.

X

Old 02-11-2005, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider

sounds like the brakes are stuck on

Old 02-11-2005, 06:31 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: braveops
sounds like the brakes are stuck on

the brakes arent on, i said up there that i toke off the rear brakes, the front tires move freely and i toke the chain off and the back tires move freely. so its gotta be something in the transmission. and i dont think anythingis frozen considering its 30+ degrees outside right now, but i got a nipco heater going just incase.

Old 02-11-2005, 06:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Well he said that he took the back brakes off so that could not be the problem.

Jordan"

Have you let it run for a long time to get it nice and hot? If not then let it run for a while . Maybe with the heat it will thaw out. You have to find a way to get the whole bike warm.

Old 02-11-2005, 06:37 PM
Trailblazer

okay well i got the karosene heater going but ill go outside and start it and see if it will move and if it wont ill let it run and see what happens, so ill post my progress in 5 minutes.

Old 02-11-2005, 06:39 PM
Trailblazer

wow what a relief, something must of been frozen cause she moves now, thanks guys.

Old 02-11-2005, 06:41 PM
Trailblazer

i have another question. is there anyway i can adjust my clutch cover? when i start it up the primary clutch rubs on it and makes a irritating squeking noise, and its also wearing away the bottom of the cover.

Old 02-11-2005, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

when was the last time you changed your transmission fluid?you said you drove the machine with it being froze up,did it roll freely when you started it or did you force it to go?

Old 02-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: thewayout420
when was the last time you changed your transmission fluid?you said you drove the machine with it being froze up,did it roll freely when you started it or did you force it to go?
it seemed like it rolled freely,and to be completely honest with you i dont think i've changed the transmission fluid since i got it in 2001. so i'll be doing that tonight!

Quick Reply: scrambler locked up, need help.