Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

best pipe for top end gains for a predator

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best pipe for top end gains for a predator

i have the 05 tld predator and want a new pipe. it has a ton of power on bottom end and would like to make it more on top. wondering which pipe has the best top end gains for the predator.thanks

Old 02-13-2005, 04:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have the Bug Gun Racing Pipe and it seems to be pretty well rounded. Lots of low end and lots of top end. Great pipe!

Old 02-13-2005, 04:34 PM
Trailblazer

I have Trinitys Stage 4 full exhaust. I have lots of top end. Also if sound is no issue then look at DMC alien

Old 02-13-2005, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

i really like the trinity. is sound really an issue. i asked trinity and they said that they make a spark arrestor insert which takes the sound decible down to 96,97. and do you have any other mods on you quad and if so what are they. thanks a lot.

Old 02-13-2005, 09:52 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

If I had it to do over again, I would have Doug's drag pipe, and my Rath Header.

Old 02-13-2005, 10:13 PM
Elite Pro Rider

If you're mainly drag racing, Nicholas Cycle is on the performance edge. For all around riding/racing HPD and Rath are a couple of great sources. If you're in a noise sesitive area, or if your local district meters quads before races, the HPD quiet system, and the Pure Polaris are two great choices.

Frankly, with Trinity's attitude filled response, after faced with a sound question, I would really have a hard time buying something from them. In this day and age, there is a responsibility which manufacturer's must carry. That responsibility is to provide the paying customer with honest DB levels from their products. Yes, DB testing has been a pain for the industry, but facing it head-on, keeps riding areas and tracks open for years to come.

Old 02-13-2005, 10:56 PM
Trailblazer

I would have to go with Modquad. For the reason that this is my fist quad and my first exhaust. Now as for sound it is pushing the loud spectum and I have yet to put the spark arrester on but seriously looking in to one. The only beef that I have with the exhaust is there is no clamp where the header and the muffler meet. It is just held with 2 strong springs. Which is fine and it does the job great dont get me wrong. But I have a small leak at that union. And it might not happen with others. I only noticed it after cleaning the quad and saw a little water blow out. In my area there are a few preds and none have that many mods. So I have little to compare it to. What I can say is that with that exhaust and drop in air filter. I have beaten raptors, 400ex, and a heavly moded bansee with a 400 kit. After I get the my 450r carb and a few other things I am going to lookin in to getting the seat up Modquad mentioned.

Old 02-14-2005, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

I just got the full yosh comp system and creates awesome power on the top-end!!!! pic in profile

Old 02-14-2005, 09:41 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

You should have put that on your quad on atv off road fury, when we was playing online, because I was smoking you!!!!!!......lol.

Old 02-14-2005, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

I'm ready to go know but your never on anymore!! LOL

Quick Reply: best pipe for top end gains for a predator