Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator cams and exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator cams and exhausts

Im looking for anyone who has put cams in their predator, what brand, where from, what they like about it or didn't like.
same on the exhausts - i know about the pol exhaust and a few others. what does everyone seem to like, is there a bigger gain from another exhaust over the polaris (white bros), problems youve had. what ever else. does big gun make one?
i have a buddy and we are doing this to his. we are not sending anything away to have done as we are able to do these things, just like some input before buying parts. Thanks

Old 02-21-2005, 11:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

If you are actually serious about modding your pred..........I'd give Doug Nicholas a call(www.nicholascycle.com).........he is on the leading edge of the pred. As for cams, his cams seem to work pretty well, they give a lot of low end torque. He also sells some web cams too........

As for exhaust........Doug's exhaust is about the best out there for sheer performance, but it is loud!!! With his pipe, you'll need to run a Rath Racing header......The hpd full system is a great system too, it has lots of power too!!! Doug has tested every pipe available too, so you might want to talk about that too!!!

Another thing I would consider is Doug's two carb mods(or just one)..........and a better air flow system.........

Old 02-22-2005, 12:20 AM
RAJ
Pro Rider

It seems like every time you relpy Brad, you have to give Doug some kind of plug........what is up with this? I just don't understand!...............lol.

Sorry, now back to the topic.....I have the Pure Polaris slip on, with the Rath Header. I really like my set up, works great for me. I have heard alot of people liking the HPD power to the maxx full system. I have also heard Doug's drag pipe has great gains also. Like Brad said I would call and talk to Doug about the cams

Old 02-22-2005, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

yeah, what is it with you guys and doug??? just kiddin. i read the thread lol
before jumping to any conclusions i just came from dougs site and im going to call him tomorrow, the cams look like something of interest. along with the rath header. does any one know if the rath header will fit the hmf ballance slip on? or would we be better off with a full system? ive read some pretty good things about both, but didnt find if they would fit together. so far for cams ive only found the webcam, hot cam, and what doug has. any others?? thanx

Old 02-22-2005, 07:58 AM
RAJ
Pro Rider

Raths Header will fit every slip on made. I will say it is a nice Header.

Old 02-23-2005, 10:13 AM
Trailblazer

You laugh at me, and prove my point all at the same time???

Old 02-24-2005, 12:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

i have a hmf full system on mine and i love it. its loud but not to bad. it made a big differance with the power band. they say 8 hp out of it. its true.