Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

@HELP 500 Predator SLip ON@

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default @HELP 500 Predator@

Here is the actual PIX of the modified Pure Polaris Slip on. I know some of you said to change it back to stock, but I wanted to know if anyone seen anything like this and if ther is any benifit to keeping it? Any Pros and Cons.

Or and BTW I had my first ride on the Predator last night, and holly S$^T its fast. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought this thing would be this fast. (on this funny side i got it stuck in 6in of wet snow in an icy parking lot)

Old 03-08-2005, 04:38 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider
Default @HELP 500 Predator SLip ON@

The Predator will scream.....I would just get the turn down tip, for the end. All you have to do is take that quite core out and bolt the tip on. I don't think it has any pros, besides maybe quiter......and the cons is the looks of it. Good luck, and i'm happy that you like the Pred.

Old 03-08-2005, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RAJ
The Predator will scream.....I would just get the turn down tip, for the end. All you have to do is take that quite core out and bolt the tip on. I don't think it has any pros, besides maybe quiter......and the cons is the looks of it. Good luck, and i'm happy that you like the Pred.

Oh man do I ever love it!!!!

Is your turn down tip better that the stock type with the disks??? WHats the diff??? BTW the turn down tip looks great compared to the crap I have now!

Old 03-08-2005, 05:12 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

Well the disks are tuneable and the turn down is not. And the disks you can use the spark arrester and the turn down tip you can't. I think it is the only way to go, it has some back pressure, and I think the Pred runs better with back pressure then having a open end cap.

And the sound of the turn down is great, it has the deep tone it to. And I like the looks of it also. I don't see it much but they are alot that has....lol. I just shipped my Pure Polaris off today, I traded for a HMF pipe. I wanted something different, 3 out of the 4 Preds I ride with has the Pure Polaris.

It hard when I have a buddy that gets the same mods as me....and we drag, it comes down to the rider and hole shot. I have a +3 swingarm on it's way now, I should not have a problem with the hole shot now.....lol.

Old 03-08-2005, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

So are you tlling me the turn down tip has little to no backpressure, and it runs better with backpressure so use the "disks"? (I really dont care about the spark arrester, i'll never start a fire where I ride)

What is best, cost not an issue?

Old 03-08-2005, 11:25 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

The turn down tip has more back pressure. The open end cap has none. I would go with the turn down.

Old 03-08-2005, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

no I ment the turndown tip vs. the Pure Polaris pipe (back in Stock form with the disks) woulnt the Pure Polaris have MORE backpressure?

Old 03-08-2005, 11:32 PM
Trailblazer

just wondering I cut my stock turn down off becouse every time I wheelied to far and put in on the grab bar it would fill up with mud/dirt what can I do to fix the back pressure prob? thanks

Old 03-09-2005, 01:19 AM
RAJ
Pro Rider

If you use the disk system on the Pure Polaris pipe it would have more back pressure, but if you don't use the dicks and just use the end cap that comes with the pipe.....you would not have any back pressure at all. But if you get the turn down tip for the pure polaris pipe it has enough back pressure that it runs good. If you look at picture 21 & 6 you will see the disk sytem & the turn down tip. And the #12 you can see what it looks like from the back. I'm not trying to [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] you.

Old 03-09-2005, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

Will you sell me your old disks and end cap???

Quick Reply: @HELP 500 Predator SLip ON@