Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

@HELP 500 Predator SLip ON@

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default @HELP 500 Predator@

Originally posted by: Morewood
Hey Daranello,I have an 03 with the PP slip on. I looked at your pics. Someone has taken off the plates and oval tip, and rigged a turn down..
Why would the prev owner do this?? and why do I need to change it back? I will take a better pix when I pick it up next week so u guys could have a better look for me

the pix

Old 03-02-2005, 01:34 PM
Range Rover

Daranello,
I did adjust the gear shifter on the shaft one spline notch because I missed a couple shifts the first time out. I was not completing the shift. Since then all is good.
Also, I geared down and I like the response much better (13 teeth). As long as you do not need the 73 mph top end.
An aftermarket CDI helps a lot, if it does not already have one. Very easy to install. Gives better response and 1000 rpm higher on top.

Predator38,
I noticed you are running a 13 tooth front on your 03 Pred. Did you leave the stock 37 on the rear? If so, did you have to shorten the chain?

Old 03-02-2005, 05:14 PM
Trailblazer

Still stock on the rear...did'nt have to shorten the chain can still just get to the grease zerk...Later

Old 03-02-2005, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Daranello75
Originally posted by: Morewood
Hey Daranello,I have an 03 with the PP slip on. I looked at your pics. Someone has taken off the plates and oval tip, and rigged a turn down..
Why would the prev owner do this?? and why do I need to change it back? I will take a better pix when I pick it up next week so u guys could have a better look for me

<a class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.atvconnection.com/i/GalleryImages/48577/pic3.jpg" target=blank><STRONG>the pix</STRONG></A>

The rigged up deal they have on there right now is WAY restrictive compared to how its supposed to be set up. Its your ride and you can do what you want, but if you just spent $4000 on a quad, it seems to me you'd want to spend a few more dollars to make it run the way it was designed to?

Old 03-02-2005, 06:09 PM
Range Rover

My guess is they were trying to get more power out of that silencer by removing the restrictive baffle plates and the last flat plate. They all come off at once when you remove those six long screws.
I tried this same thing on mine, but it did not seem to make any power gain, so I put them back on. Of course, it was a bit loud with the plates off, and no longer spark arrested.
A dealer in Coos Bay Oregon told me the Predator favors a little back pressure anyway. My experience is that he was right.

I think Rath Racing (or maybe Nicholas Racing) makes a turn down tip. I think RAJ has one. Maybe he will comment.

For the original plates, you should be able to go to Polaris and order them. White Bros makes that Pure Polaris silencer exclusively for Polaris, so you may have to go to Polaris to order those parts.

You could just run it as is, but since it looks ugly that way anyway, I would get the original plates back on.

When I converted my Alba Raptor to run straight out, I added the trick-looking Alba alloy exhaust tip, just for looks. It runs great but is far too loud without the baffle plates.

And Predator38...thanks for the response.

Old 03-02-2005, 07:13 PM
Trailblazer

I have a few friends w/ '03 preds & like everyone says, they're great quads, but for $4,000 (i'm not too shure on canadian, besides it's a little higher) but anyone who can't pay several loan payments, obviously does'nt care enough to properly service a predator & if the predator was'nt broken in properly you could be staring into trouble. you may want to look into a preddy that 1 person has owned w/ few mods, as mods r great, but people that mod quads beat on them weather they take care of them or not, i like mods, but i take care of stuff. good luck in your hunt

Old 03-02-2005, 08:25 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

I have the turn down tip, I got it from Nicholas Cycle. They will not be making anymore of these. I think Doug has few left. I would call him asap if you want one. I think it sounds better with the turn down tip. They are $30.00 bucks.

Old 03-02-2005, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: NY400scramblerrider
I have a few friends w/ '03 preds & like everyone says, they're great quads, but for $4,000 (i'm not too shure on canadian, besides it's a little higher) but anyone who can't pay several loan payments, obviously does'nt care enough to properly service a predator & if the predator was'nt broken in properly you could be staring into trouble. you may want to look into a preddy that 1 person has owned w/ few mods, as mods r great, but people that mod quads beat on them weather they take care of them or not, i like mods, but i take care of stuff. good luck in your hunt
Thats $4000 cad funds, witch work out to about $3200 us funds, witch i think is a really good deal.

I going to order the new end tips, then take it for a big dealer service before i ride it to make sure all is well!!

Old 03-02-2005, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RAJ
I have the turn down tip, I got it from Nicholas Cycle. They will not be making anymore of these. I think Doug has few left. I would call him asap if you want one. I think it sounds better with the turn down tip. They are $30.00 bucks.
Who is Doug and how do I call him???

Old 03-02-2005, 09:47 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

Nicholas Cycle

Quick Reply: @HELP 500 Predator SLip ON@