Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator wheelie

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005 | 12:39 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default Predator wheelie

Because of polaris anti squat feature, can you still easaly pull a wheelie???

Old 02-24-2005 | 12:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default Predator wheelie

Hell ya with the torque of these things you can with just a blimp of the throttle and tug of bars it get's right up!!

Old 02-24-2005 | 01:00 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default Predator wheelie

I was asking becasue some of the mag articles said it was very hard to lift the front end over obsicles. They side it was more suited for track use that for the woods

Old 02-24-2005 | 01:04 AM
Pro Rider
Default Predator wheelie

I saw you are getting an 03 they are suppose to have different length swingarm than the 04 and beyond!!

Old 02-24-2005 | 01:12 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Predator wheelie

Little secret to these Predators. Pumpe Carbs really wake these things up. As well as PredKickAss, I have an 03 with a 450R carb. The torque that is gained from this mod makes up for the "anti-squat" feature and the inability to wheelie. Rest Assured!

Old 02-24-2005 | 01:27 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default Predator wheelie

hey <FONT face=Verdana size=1>MAaudioX10 welcome to the forum!

I thinking of buying a 2003 Predator 500, with a pure polaris pipe, k&N, nerf bars and rental bars

This will be my FIRST sport quad, I hope i like it!!!!

Any thoughts????</FONT>

Old 02-24-2005 | 01:32 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Predator wheelie

Well, thanks for the cheery welcome.

Dar, The Predator is a heck of a bike and it is FAST! How many hours does the Pred your buying have on it??

Old 02-24-2005 | 02:05 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default Predator wheelie

Originally posted by: MAaudioX10
Well, thanks for the cheery welcome.Dar, The Predator is a heck of a bike and it is FAST! How many hours does the Pred your buying have on it??
How can you tell the hours??? Its a bank repo,so the seller has no clue!!! Tires look really good. anything else to look for???

Old 02-24-2005 | 05:15 AM
RAJ
Pro Rider
Default Predator wheelie

Hello MA, nice to see you here.

Old 02-25-2005 | 09:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Predator wheelie

Thanks, RAJ. Just trying to extend the wealth of knowledge about these Preds.

Daranello, you can usually get a good idea of how the bike looks. Are there worn spots around the frame. A good place to look is the frame next to the pegs. Usually, the boots rubs on the frame there and you can get a good idea of the condition. If it is completely worn through, chances are the bike got ridden a lot.

I won't lie to you, 03' Predators have had transmission problems. This lies solely in the way the bike is treated and ridden. You can not powershift these 03' Predators. Even if it is for a little while. Although, it may seem minor to you, internally you would be destroying the transmission. Resulting in a expensive repair. Polaris has a update kit for the 03's, which basically is an 04 setup. In 04', the tranny problems were addressed and I have not heard a single 04' losing its tranny. Polaris will not admit to this, obviously. Doing this, Polaris would bury themselves in 03' customers demanding there bike be fixed.

Now, I do not mean to scare you. There are several people that I know with 03' Preds and not one of them have had a single problem with the bike, whatsoever. Me being one. My transmission spins great and shifts like a champ. Has since day 1. I did switch to a better oil which, I believe, saves these trannies.

The reason I warn you is because you do not know how this bike was ridden. Did the owner prior to you powershift the chit out of it? I am finding more and more that this is a very common practice among ATV riders. I NEVER powershift! NEVER!

Just want you to make a wise purchase. I love my Predator and I will not trade it for anything but, it pays to know. Knowledge is prevention!Text

Quick Reply: Predator wheelie