Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator Sand Paddles

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 01:24 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator Sand Paddles

What do most use as far as paddles go? Brand and size? Mostly stock with airbox mod, rejet, & slip-on. Mainly just dune riding, not radical hill climbing. Headed to Little Sahara for the Snake Hunt and needing suggestions.

Old 03-11-2005, 09:24 AM
Trailblazer

Hey SNT i might see you there... Everyone by where i live and i mean everyone i ride with, 15people, ride on ITP Sand Stars, I would go with the 8" wheel for a softer ride and if you can find a good place you should be able to get them tire and wheel for 170 and there pretty cool looking

Old 03-14-2005, 07:56 PM
Range Rover

My friend seems to like his ITPs and Sand Stars. I like my ITPs and Geckos, but they are a bit heavy. I am thinking about going back to Douglas Blue Label with Sand Skate II's, especially if they come out with a lighter weight SSII. (I no longer do monster jumps.) I think the SSII is the most used sand tire at Glamis.
If you can afford it, get some razors up front, it will really help your steering in the sand.

ALSO....If you have an 03 or 04, get a CDI box. And gear down two teeth in back or one tooth up front...you will love the difference in the sand. Also, K&N works better in the sand than foam.

Old 03-14-2005, 09:17 PM
Range Rover

I run Skat Trak Edge on mine in Oregon and they work great! Front tires are GBC dune tracker.

Old 03-15-2005, 01:20 PM
Range Rover

Skat Track are good tires (JMExperience), cost a little more than some others maybe, great traction and a light tire, they have a thin shell so they wear out sooner, and they have some problems with the paddles getting ripped off because they are glued onto the shell and not molded like many others. Great straight ahead traction, the V-paddles don't slide quite as well as some other V-paddles do. We run Skat Track straight paddles when we want straight ahead traction, but usually we are more concerned about cornering in the sand, so we mostly use V-paddles. I think Skat-Tracks are best for 2-strokes which have that extra power at the blip of the throttle. JMO....
I have the GBC dune trackers up front also. Work fine. Larger fronts float a little better.
Size your paddles about the same as the stock tire diameter (no bigger), unless you plan to make accomodating gear changes.

Old 03-15-2005, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider

I'll be there if you have some 8 in wheels I have a couple different sets of paddles I need to get rid of if your interested!