Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Trail Boss 330 ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 12:23 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trail Boss 330 ?

I'm wondering how reliable and how smooth the ride is on the Trail Boss 330? Anyone out there own one? Is the chain drive less reliable than a shaft drive?

Old 03-15-2005, 08:50 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts
Default Trail Boss 330 ?

It's a smooth and comfortable ride. Don't see it as any less reliable than a shaft drive, just a little more maintenance (lube and tighten). I haven't had any problems that weren't created by me with my 2000. Several people on here are happy with theirs. Their downside would be lack of speed (stock form), but they are one of the best 2WD for mud you can get. The new Bosses have a different bumper than mine. I think they finally got rid of the wood magnet implanted in them (only reason I can figure why I hit so many trees).

Old 03-15-2005, 04:38 PM
Trailblazer
Default Trail Boss 330 ?

I have a 03 Trail Boss 330.
It is a very smooth ride.
I had a shaft drive Kawasaki before and liked it, but this chain drive seems to work just fine.
Good all around quad!

Old 03-15-2005, 09:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Trail Boss 330 ?

The 330 is very reliable, smooth and fun. It is a little slow but you can make it quicker with some slight mods. You can look at my pics to see what I have done to mine.

Old 03-15-2005, 09:13 PM
Trailblazer
Default Trail Boss 330 ?

Have any of you that have the Trail Boss driven a larger IRS equipped quad, and if so, how would you compare the ride? Is it close to being as smooth as the IRS types? Is it smooth ride for what it is?

I'm trying to find something for my fiance' that's fairly easy on her back - she's had back surgery before I don't wanna screw that up!

Old 03-15-2005, 09:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Trail Boss 330 ?

An IRS machine is going to be a much smoother ride then a non IRS machine. The 330 is a smooth ride. About as smooth as they can get with a swing arm but IRS is alot better. I have back problems also but have not had any problems because of the this atv. The seat is very cushy, the shocks are adjustable for softer or harder ride. It handles the trails very well.

Old 03-16-2005, 12:12 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Trail Boss 330 ?

i have too agree with 2many, i own a 2004 trailboss and the are very good and reliable. you will not be disapointed with the quad.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-30-2005, 09:54 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Trail Boss 330 ?

Hi,

I didn't have back surgery, but have lower back problems and have some problems with torn rhomboid muscles in my upper back/ right shoulder area. I looked at many ATVs, and had it narrowed down to the Bombardiar Outlander (which is VERY nice) and the Polaris. After taking a close look at our budget, test riding, talking to the dealer and other riders, I decided to save the grand + and go with the Trail Boss. The suspension has come a long way since my 1991 Trail Boss whose crank went out last week. I was able to find a 2004 Trail Boss in metalic blue that is really nice and I got a great deal on it. I haven't had it out on a long ride yet, but the shorter times were great. We are going for a long ride on Saturday. I'll post back and let you know how it ran! I guess if I had back surgery, I may have gone with the Outlander 330. It comes in a 2x4 as well as a 4x4. It also comes with a three year warrenty. You might want to try to find a dealer that will let you test ride both of them. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] foniks (Lady with the new Boss)

Old 04-03-2005, 09:22 AM
Range Rover
Default Trail Boss 330 ?

i have a 02 trailboss and i love it. its done everything i've asked of it. (except get of a big mud puddle when i was riding alon, but i have a winch for that now.)

Old 04-03-2005, 12:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Trail Boss 330 ?

Hey i have an 2003 tb and i was out yesterday in the mud and drove past a big 4 wheel atv stuck in the mud.Ya got to laugh when a 2wheel drive goes past your big heavy stuck utility in a big mud hole.
Although mud bugs have transformed my tb into a mud hole killing monster.I have only gotten stuck do to driver error once or twice.I love this machine.Great starter bike.I`d look into a srambler for long term fun especially if you drive in the winter the 4 wheel drive is just a nice option to have although i go anywheres with mine in the winter as long as there is a trail broken by a skidoo or other atv.

Ya can`t go wrong for the money Trail Boss just rocks

Quick Reply: Trail Boss 330 ?