Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Phoenix 200 and LOADS of problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 03:50 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phoenix 200 and LOADS of problems

I know my english is not the best, but all do my best :-)

Last week I bought my Phoenix 200 from a local dealer. I have driven it for 20-25h.
During this time I have had it for repair 3 TIMES!

First time was: The ignition failed, the breakes failed and it backfired so much people thought I was shooting when comming down the street. I sendt it for repair. They fixed the ignintion, the breakes and the backfire'ing. The backfire'ing was caused by some electronic throttle stuff that polaris has installed for safety reasons.

Second time: Breakes fail again and the ignition once again has to be fixed.

On my way home from the second trip to the local deales all goes wrong. The 2 bolts that connects my exhaust to the cylinder breaks off for no reason. And tryng to get back to the local dealer my breakes fail AGAIN! First they do not work, and when finally (after 3-7 seconds) all the breakes are on full. No controll at all. I end up almost hitting a car by a few inches and land in a ditch.

Now I want my money back. I thought Polaris was the BEST there was, but I have lost faith totaly now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2005, 03:52 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that, hope your dealer takes care of you.

Looks like the old Polaris' we know and love from the 90's are back for some more fun.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2005, 04:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry to hear of your problems, especially since I just picked up my new Phoenix today. So far so good but I have only ridden in my backyard, so hard to tell how it is yet. I did have some trouble engaging gear sometimes though. Have you encountered this problem?
I just put it down to the box being new and a bit stiff, it seems to engage better if you bump the bike a bit when shifting. I certainly hope I don't have as many problems as you are having. By the way what country are you in? Can you ride on the roads there?

Old 03-15-2005, 05:07 AM
Trailblazer

I have not had any trouble with the gears, but have to bump it to get it in reverse sometimes.

Im located in Norway. Here the Phoenixis registred for road use. Cost 8.000USD when registred. Not registerd the price is about 6.000USD

Old 03-15-2005, 06:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi Phrode,

What would you estimate is its top speed in kmh? and do you know what the differences are between the road reg version & the offroad

one, as perhaps these mods are responsible for your problems. Hopefully I will get to test mine properly on the weekend at my brothers

farm, I'll keep you informed if I have any similar woes.

Old 03-15-2005, 07:42 AM
Trailblazer

Top speed is (40mph) 65km/t, but it can do a lot more. There has to be something in the exhaust or the ctv that can fix it.

The onlly diffrence in the street version here is the lights and the breaks. The foot breake works on all four weels like a car. 60% front and 40% on the rear.

Old 03-15-2005, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: maddog56
Sorry to hear that, hope your dealer takes care of you.Looks like the old Polaris' we know and love from the 90's are back for some more fun.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Wow maddog, your being just as helpfull as ever. lol Like no other first year model from any manufacturer has ever had problems?

Phrode, Sorry to hear about your troubles. I can't blame you for losing faith in your machine. If you do keep it, it may help to get a manual for it and figure stuff out for yourself. At least you would feel better about knowing what they are doing when they are servicing it. It is a first year model with first year bugs. At least you will be helping to make it better for others.

Old 03-15-2005, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: priesty
I did have some trouble engaging gear sometimes though. Have you encountered this problem?I just put it down to the box being new and a bit stiff, it seems to engage better if you bump the bike a bit when shifting. I certainly hope I don't have as many problems as you are having.

The need to blip the throttle or rock the machine seems to be just the way the tranny works. Many older models of quads, especially Polarsis, had to be shifted this way. It may get better with some wear, but my guess is it will just be the way it has to be shifted.

Old 03-15-2005, 07:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fishlab, take a deep breath. Big smiley face, winking guy? Its a joke, try and get on with your life.

Polaris seems to have around the same number of first year problems as everyone else, I just have a special place in my heart for chronically malfunctioning Polaris atvs. I have 2.

There really isnt much anyone can do for him. There is obviously a problem with his bike and the replacement parts and repair work dont seem to be able to fix it. If he gave more specific information then maybe members could begin to throw out some suggestions, but since it appears as though the dealership can fix it we're off to a bad start.

Old 03-15-2005, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

maddy, I gave you a "lol" on my above post. Sorry if I touched a nerve. After taking my deep breaths I hyperventalated and passed out. Not sure I should have taken that "helpfull" advice either. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]LOL

Edit: for maddy, I made my LOL in bold so as not to be too confusing.

Quick Reply: Phoenix 200 and LOADS of problems