Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

you have talked me out of a raptor.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 09:35 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default talk me out of a raptor.

I have been planning on buying a raptor. today I stopped by the local Poo dealer and looked at predator for the first time. I like how the Poo looks more stable and wider. what else should i consider between the two?

Old 03-19-2005, 09:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

As for speed they are very close with the pred having a 1-3mph higher top speed. As for handeling you cant beat the pred. It is not tippy like the raptor . Raptors are oldschool. Get with the times and buy a pred. Drive one and thats all the convincing you will need.

Old 03-19-2005, 11:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

All you have to do is Ride both of them... You will notice the difference... Polaris hand's down...

Old 03-20-2005, 12:14 AM
Trailblazer

Buy what you want.

Old 03-20-2005, 12:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

Where in this post did anyone say a Pred would beat a raptor... I personally stated that overall riding of a predator vs. a raptor is by far in the predators upper hand... And, I've never lost to any raptor even with stock bikes, but I do ride in sand only.. Never raced on dirt... We own 3 predators and 2 raptors.. Raptors are for sale... Like I stated before ride before you buy and make an educated decission..

Old 03-20-2005, 12:37 AM
RAJ
Pro Rider

OK, first why would you buy a Raptor? If you want a Yamaha get the YFZ. My buddy could kick his self for buying the Raptor instead of the Predator.

I have never had a problem beating a Raptor, and i'm talking stock for stock.....& piped for piped!

Old 03-20-2005, 12:52 AM
Trailblazer

thanks for f...ing up my thread warrior 92. the reason why I posted on polaris is because people who own them can tell me why they like them. someone that doesnt own a Poo cant really tell me why they like them.Ive riden raptors many times and I dont think they are that bad. i havn't riden a poo yet. I believe there is some valuable knowledge on these forums. aside from the ones that start a pissing match. Of course I will try one but there are somethings you can't see driving it around at the dealer. If i wanted the fastest machine out I would consider the YZF. but number one, Its not always about who's fastest with everyone and number two, there is a budjet involved. which excludes the yzf. thanks for the help.

Trending Topics

Old 03-20-2005, 12:59 AM
RAJ
Pro Rider

I under stand the budget thing. You will not go wrong with the Pred, they are a great quad.

Old 03-20-2005, 01:42 AM
Elite Pro Rider

plus its a polaris[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-20-2005, 11:49 AM
Pro Rider

snogimp-
there is a budjet involved
You had me thinking for a minute...what the hell is a bud-jet??? Probably would still be thinking about it if Raj hadn't mentioned "budget". Thanks for the unintentional laugh.

If you're buying new machines, there shouldn't be many big problems to look out for on either machine. I think the Predator is a more stable machine in stock form. It might boil down to which machine you can get a better deal on. Good luck!

Quick Reply: you have talked me out of a raptor.