Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Craftsman ATV/Motorcycle lift?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 12:07 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Craftsman ATV/Motorcycle lift?

i have one that is similar to that craftsman but cheaper (89.99 seems kinda high)

bought it at schucks for about $49

get a crewline if you can,,,they look sweet, and priced right

Old 03-20-2005, 12:13 PM
Range Rover

I have a craftsman. I love it. It gets it up high enough and even has 3 spots that will hold it like a safety. I dont know if the other one has that. But if you are going to be under a 400-500 lbs or more machine i would check into it. The only problem i have is i need a new garage floor so it does roll good with the quads on it. If my floor was smooth it would.

Old 03-20-2005, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

the crewline has two safety spots where a thick steel rod slides through which will allow the atv lift not to be lowered any further than that point. I would stay as far away from the cheap imitation lifts as possible, my uncle bought one of those red larin lifts and it almost caused his new harley to lay on the floor when it's pump collapsed. if you go with the "other" style lift get the craftsman, you get what you pay for. the nice thing about the crewline lift is that it rolls super easily.

Old 03-20-2005, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider

I just checked Sam's website, sure enough, they still have it on there....also, not availabe for mail order any more....also says 'prices may vary by store'. I may have to run to sam's to check on it. I've got two of them already, two have come in handy since I have an ATV and two motorcycles....

Old 03-20-2005, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

I was just searching by store for availability, now the Crewline lift is not there, it dissappeared while I was changing stores, like they removed it....wtf?

update: I deleted my cookies, internet cache, etc., and now it shows up, but for some reason while you try to check store availability it goes away in the main menu...hmmm

Old 03-20-2005, 03:05 PM
Range Rover

Don’t be afraid to buy the craftsman lift!...........I have one and I like it a lot and here’s some of the reasons :

1…It is well constructed with solid welds on all brackets

2 …It has a safety devise that engages automatically as you raise it

3…with the foot pump you can stand up and steady and feel any instability in your machine as you go up or down

4 … I love the way the lift tucks in under the Quad as it goes up and when you remove the handle you can walk around your machine completely without tripping on the lift or handle, and it rolls easy.

5…It is easy to find on sale and it has the craftsman guarantee good at any store along with the ability to buy parts should you need them.

I do like the fact that others are made of aluminum and lighter but I don’t take mine out of the shop.

Old 03-20-2005, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

The problem with the craftsman is the same problem I had with a similar one, it hits the floorboard on my Sportsman and you can not put the lift under the machine properly. Its a nice lift, but the Crewline lifts the machine just like a normal jack....works great.

Old 03-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: elkbow
The problem with the craftsman is the same problem I had with a similar one, it hits the floorboard on my Sportsman and you can not put the lift under the machine properly. Its a nice lift, but the Crewline lifts the machine just like a normal jack....works great.
I had the same problem with my craftsman lift, I sold it to Sam on the bombardier forums for $50 and he loves it. the craftsman lift worked great for my 1973 harley build but just wasn't cutting it for the large sportsman. I like the crewline lift because it works like a floor jack and is lighter and fits perfect under the atv and there no worry of hitting/damaging the floorboards. I don't think anyone is trying to bash the craftsman lift just stating that most of us have tried both the craftsman style and the crewline and like the crewline better for our atv's. My next objective is to get rid of my heavy craftsman floorjack and get the matching crewline aluminum floor jack and stands.

Old 03-20-2005, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

Alright guys, thanks for all the replies. I'll check both out and see what looks better for me. They both seem to be of high quality, so no worries there.

Old 03-21-2005, 02:05 AM
Pro Rider

Craftsman ATV jack is made in china like the rest of them. Cummins tool has it for $59.99, I paid 89.99 for mine and it works fine!

Quick Reply: Craftsman ATV/Motorcycle lift?