Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Exhaust systems for 500 Scrambler

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 10:57 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust systems for 500 Scrambler

I'm interested in replacing the whole exhaust on my Scrambler, but I'm kinda worried about it being too loud afterwards. The atv parks around here have decibel limits for one, plus I really don't want to sound like a small plane. But I would like the power increase. Is there any systems/mufflers that do that without being obnoixiously loud?

Old 03-20-2005, 11:20 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run a White Bros slip on and it isnt too loud.If where you ride requiers a spark arrestor your choices a narrowed down.If you want the complete system without an arrestor HPD is the way to go.

Old 03-24-2005, 10:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

I just got my White Bros. E-Series slip on last week. Took about 20 min. to install, and I noticed a huge difference in take off power (hard to keep the nose down when it hooks up!!). I have no other mods, except for a K&N filter, and just those two mods make for a great performance addition!

I had to go to Ronnie's Mail order to find the slip on.....it seems they are getting hard to find!

Old 03-24-2005, 04:55 PM
Elite Pro Rider

HSP full system

Old 03-24-2005, 05:11 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

My buddy has a HSP on his Scrambler 500. RcR told me he lost 1 hp on the top and gained 1 hp on the bottom. My buddy was sick when I told him this. This was on a dyno........I would go with the HPD. I have done some research for my buddy, and the HPD is the only way to go IMO. Good luck!

XtremeSkier I'm not saying anything bad about your pipe. I just no what Rick told me.

Old 03-24-2005, 06:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider

so he gained bottom, in the end i really dont care about my top end, i mean the most im consistantly riding at is 50, but im generally goin from 0 to 40 alot because i ride trails so i wanted good bottom in teh end, but did HPD provide better bottom or better top end?plus uk i bought their product so im just trying to promote it lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2005, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

The HPD is the best from bottom to top, the White bros is about the same lowend as the HPD but the HPD has about 3 more HP at top end than the white bros. Prob. from the full pipe, as opposed to just a slip on(white bros). This is from someone who has been working on them many years.

I love the way my white bros sounds, but if I could do it again I would go with the HPD full system from the start, but there is a large diff. in price, and I was short on money at the time.

Old 03-24-2005, 06:29 PM
Elite Pro Rider

yeah i was gonna get the white bros, but when i looked it up and found out they only had a slip on i was turned down, i wanted a full system and when my dad brought it home from being serviced it has the HSP system on it, so i was freakin out, so IMO they put the HSP exhuast on it because thats what they mainly buy from when they buy performance exhaust systems, plus my dad paid for it so he didnt know what to get, so he just told them to put one and that he'd cover it..what a nice guy huh[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2005, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider

You got the best one then, a free one!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2005, 05:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have a supertrapp isd2 on my scrambler. Sounds good to me.

Quick Reply: Exhaust systems for 500 Scrambler