Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

what can you tell me about pred climbing abilities?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 03:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what can you tell me about pred climbing abilities?

I'm just wondering how good of a climber the pred is. I would like any comparisons or races people have had. I'm familiar with st anthony dunes so how would it do on somthing like choke cherry. How does it compete to the raptor or YFZ for climbing? Thanks for any imput. I'm trying to help a guy i know get a new bike and neither of us know much about the pred.

As a side note, how much affect does mods like a pipe have on a pred?

Thanks

Old 03-23-2005, 04:56 AM
Pro Rider

i can tell ya from personal experience i have an 03 predator and i was on about a good 35-40degree angle give or take i'm not no scientist on it but my friend fell on his bike i was able to stop turn mine off and help him back up on his and restart 1/2 way into the hill and was able to start up and continue climbing with no problem and the engine wasnt struggling my friend was pissed because ne knew my atv had power and his bike he couldnt resart on a hill and ride up it ;-)

Old 03-23-2005, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider

Are people not saying much becaue the thing can't climb very well or what. Any honest opinion good or bad will do.

Old 03-23-2005, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

did you not read what i wrote....lol

Old 03-23-2005, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

Yes I did and i appreciate it also, just looking for more. I tried finding stuff using search but there dosn't seem to be much.

Old 03-23-2005, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

the pred climbs VERY well. i am going to dumont this weekend i will try and video my bike to show everybody how well a pred can do. something even more important than climbing is the reliability of the pred. we have 3 and none have needed to be fixed for anything. as far as pipes gothey do help wake it up. i have tips headers and rath air intakes on me and my wifes. that was the first thing i ought for my wifes 05. matter of fact the first week we had it i ordered a rath header and rath air intake for her and i bought a titaniam pro circuit tip for mine and gave her my old pro circuit tip. i noticed such a diffrence with the rath air intake on mine it is a must for any predd i ever get. hope thiss helps!

Old 03-24-2005, 12:15 AM
Range Rover

Ive never had any problems climbing at the sand dunes, but I havent been to very big dunes either! But the predator has plenty of power for climbing or anything else you might want to do.

Old 03-24-2005, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

How do you like the reverse on your new one. How much better do you think the new one is compared to the 04. Are the improvement s they made worth the extra $ to get a new one.

Old 03-24-2005, 01:21 AM
Range Rover

i've got about a 15-20 degree hill thats only 20ft high that i climb w/ mine. the yfz, raptor, 400ex, etc that i ride w/ won't climb it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] as far as gettin the hp out if it, keep it rapped tight, or thats where mine seems to have power. (sprockets to match your tires, conditions)

Old 03-24-2005, 02:53 AM
Pro Rider

If you have ridden your all your buddies quads, how do you feel the pred suspension is compared to the other machines you mentioned? I only test drove a pred on flat ground so i wasn't able to tell much about the suspension.

Quick Reply: what can you tell me about pred climbing abilities?