Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Scrammy 500 jetting (BBS)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scrammy 500 jetting (BBS)

Hey BBS what are you running for jetting you have the same mods as me HPD pipe , Airbox mod & K&N filter I took mine for a burn today after the airbox mod and I can see the diff in power but after a full throttle run and let off it backfires bad (lean condition) but mid throttle and let off is good so the needle is good I would presume, I am using the jet that came with the mod a 170 main it was about about 7*C or 40*F I would not think it was cold enough out to throw the jetting off that much so looks like I will have to jump to a 175 main which I think is kinda big or maybe put some airfilter foam over the snorkel to cut down on some of the airflow.
So I was just wondering if you found yours to be lean too ? (P.S buy the way I am using the old style HPD pipe & exhaust so maybe it flows more but Idon't think it would make that big of a diff)

By the way if Rick Ritter is listening I would like to hear your thoughts on a 175 main jet does that not seem kinda big Gezz with a 175 MPG should take a kickin

Thanx for listening and if anyone wants to chime in your more than welcome

Old 03-27-2005, 08:14 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Mine is setup exactly the way the airbox mod kit came. I have the 170 main jet in there. I havent touched the needle position though. I cant really recall where the air/fuel screw is. I believe that it is 1 1/2 turns out. My exhaust used to pop occassionly after letting off from full throttle. That was when I had my pipe with the stock airbox. It doesnt really do that anymore though. I checked my plug the other day and I am actually running a little on the rich side

Old 03-27-2005, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

I was just thinking maybe I am draining the fuel from the carb bowl because I was haveing some trouble with my fuel petcock flowing freely maybe it is screwwed up again and only flowing a little. Do ya think that could be doing it .
I will have to pull the gas line off and see.

Old 03-27-2005, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

I just put my airbox mod on this morning and did it just like the instructions said, and set the screw at 2.5 turns out, and surprisingly it worked perfect, started right up and ran better than ever. Pulled the front up at around 5-10 MPH, almost took out the pool [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. My jetting was also 170. are you sure you did everything the kit said to do? change out spring, drill the 2 holes out in the flap, drill out and remove cap from jet adj on bottom of carb and set to 2.5 turns out.

Old 03-27-2005, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah I did everything it said the airfuel screw only affects idle and mine idles perfect mid range is good too just when it is pushed full throttle for a bit it starts to break down and when I let off it backfires. So either My petcock is screwed up again or I am too lean on the mainjet at least that is all I can think of but won't know for sure until I pull the fuel line off the petcock and see how it is flowing but I keep my quad at my parents house in the country and I live in the city so I will not be up there till next week. So would like too here what people think so I can try it all when I get up there