Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Jamhard Radiator/grill guard

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jamhard Radiator/grill guard

I put on the Jamhard radiator guard. Mounts well, should keep out most of the stuff except for the small area near the bottom that is made to work with the Glacier plow system.

Here is a pic of the guard and another with my brushguard installed:

Jamhard Rad Guard

Jamhard with Brushguard

As some may remember, I jammed a stick hard into my factory guards, and I was barely moving, here is what it did, but didn't make it through, I since then replaced those parts:

stock guard damage

the stock parts are pushed in over an inch and some of the sticks made it through....

Dave.

Old 03-31-2005, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Dave where did you purchase the Jamhard? I would like to have one.

Old 03-31-2005, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider

Directly from him: Jamhard

Nice unit, I was thinking of making one, but he has it all done for $89 + $10 shipping. It also includes clips that go over the backside to screw in to so you don't have to use nuts back there, which you can never get off because the stock grill guard is in the way....there are instructions on his site and you can see what i mean...

dave

Old 03-31-2005, 02:20 AM
Pro Rider

Dave - I have been looking at the Jamhard also. there is just alot of stuff I want right now and not enuff cash to buy it all. I just ordered my atv logic deluxe rack pack yesterday morning from atvdirect.com for $55 shipped. it's got dual insulated coolers which can hold 24/12 oz. cans of ummm soda, ya that's it soda. the deluxe is $79.99 everywhere else but I found a few cheaper places then called atvdirect.com and they matched my lowest price from mustangsports.com. the reason I ordered it from atvdirect.com and not directly from mustangsports.com is because I wanted a black bag and mustangsports.com only had it in Mossy Oak for $44.95 plus Shipping. I should be happy with it and it will come in handy to hold all my stuff while out riding, the coolers will be nice to keep cold drinks and sandwiches while out on the trails. I thought about ordering the standard bag for the front which doesn't have coolers but don't think I will need that much storage space.

some of the items I am wanting are: a front brushguard, 800 snorkle and head pipe, Big Gun muffler, rear tube bumper, I want to take the warn winch off and replace it with a ramsey 3000lb., I want to add a rear worklight. I thought about maybe doing a highlifter lift just for extra tires clearance for when jumping because when I jump and land the tires do rub a little on the fender flares.

Old 03-31-2005, 03:10 AM
Pro Rider

Great pictures as always Dave.
Didn't look like the stick did much damage.

Jim

Old 03-31-2005, 08:04 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jimmypsp700
Great pictures as always Dave.
Didn't look like the stick did much damage.

Jim
Jim, The stick pushed the stock grills in about an inch, which wasn't bad, but I hit it when I fell through some ice into a marsh like section of an arroyo and I was just creeping along, alittle more speed and it would have done much more damage....i think.....

as far as the Jamhard guards, he only has them for the 2004-2005 models....I forgot that sportsman70003 has a 2003, not sure if these can be fitted to those, I didn't think there was much of a difference between the '04 and earlier models

Old 03-31-2005, 08:15 AM
Pro Rider

I think all the twins have the same stock "brush guard /bumper" (painted white on my 700) grill area.

Jim

Old 03-31-2005, 09:35 AM
Pro Rider

I emailed them at Jamhard to see if they had one to fit an 03. I love the camo one and I think thats the one I would get if I buy one. If I'm not bad mistake I think I seen them on ebay for an 03 but could be wrong.

Old 03-31-2005, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider

How is radiator access now? Getting to and cleaning the radiator is top priority for me. We clean radiators 2-3 times a day on rides. Can the screen be removed as easily as stock?

Old 03-31-2005, 02:08 PM
Pro Rider

Jamhard emailed me back and said it would fit its just a little short at the top. He said thats the only ones he carries right know.

Quick Reply: Jamhard Radiator/grill guard