Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Please Forgive Me!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005 | 01:03 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Please Forgive Me!

So my brother just got new Arctic Cat 650 and we dicided to go ride at Brown Mountain ORV in NC this past weekend. All was good until we came across this mud hole. He tried first but no luck coming out the other side. So he just backed right out. When I tried, I almost made it out but couldn't. Backed up and tried again. Nothing. Finnally realized I wasn't going to make so I tried to back out and couldn't. There I was. STUCK!!! The same hole an Arctic Cat just backed out of. Not only was I pi$$ed, the on-looking crowd thought it was pretty funny. So to make a long story short, I was the butt of every joke for the rest of the day. Now I'm just hoping I'm still accepted here at the only place I feel at home. (lol)

Old 04-11-2005 | 01:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Anytime you go into a hole and back up it is going to make the hole much deeper. Plus your machine is bigger, heavier and alot more ground clearance. The question is did the AC try again after you went in. I bet he would have been burried. You win some you lose some. Not all Polaris riders are perfect!!!LOL!!

Old 04-11-2005 | 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

I had a simular thing had to me we had 3 stock 700 sportsman the first one went in and went threw the second one went threw and had just a little trouble then I tried and didn't make it. Then the first 2 tried it again and they couldn't make. So don't fill bad, get some mudders and put him to shame.

Old 04-11-2005 | 01:52 PM
Pro Rider

Doesn't the Arctic Cat have more clearance?

Old 04-11-2005 | 02:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Your right the AC does have more. 12.5" on the 650v2 and le. He still would have gotten stuck.

Old 04-11-2005 | 02:11 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Yeah, the second time we came around to the same mud hole, I tried to get him to try again but he wouldn't. I figured after he went through, and I played around in it for bit, I feel sure he would have got stuck if he would have tried it again.

Old 04-11-2005 | 02:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Then they have no reason to laugh or say crap. If you ever get in that stiuation again and someone says something then just say you go then! Then you can laugh when you have to pull them out.

Old 04-13-2005 | 02:45 PM
Range Rover

I've never gone head-to-head with an AC, but with Yamaha's and have always out done them in every situation, except a drag race. They 'ole 335 is not that fast, ya know. However, it can climb like a bugger.

Old 04-13-2005 | 06:35 PM
Pro Rider

Cat thats just the way it gos in mud holes.If you look at my pictures youll see a pic of my sp700 faceing a mud hole I just went threw well I got the mud all tured up.Then this guy on a KQ trys to go next he didnt even make it half way threw.The pic says.Hes got to be thinking if only I had a polaris.Well after I started winching him out my buddy trys on his 05efi with 29.5 well he stoped for the guy on the KQ and got stuck theres a pic of that to..Not trying to say mines a better mudder then the other to just once the muds turned up anything can get stuck.Like sportsman said get a good set of mud tires and its a whole new game...

Old 04-13-2005 | 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

You guy's are funny, you cannot admit that your machines are not perfect. "Plus your machine is bigger, heavier and alot more ground clearance" wrong, wrong, wrong on all three.

No Machine or person is infallible, accept the fact the AC 650 is a great machine, so are yours but Polaris have there limitations

Quick Reply: Please Forgive Me!