Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Trailblazer tire pressure

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailblazer tire pressure

Since we got our quads, we have been riding with 3 psi of tire pressure in all four tires. This last winter, I pumped my front tires up to 7 psi because I found the quad went through the snow much better with the higher front tire pressure. For our first ride this year, I kept my front tires at 7 psi and the rears at 3 psi. I did the same for my wife quad. I figured it would go through the mud better. Boy what a big difference in trail manners. My wife noticed it also. The quad was easier to steer, less bump steer and it pushed less in the corners. LOL, my wife was considerably more agressive (trail riding that is guys) than normal. Anyone else had a similar experience with tire pressure?
Bryce

Old 04-11-2005, 01:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have. You should try radial tires. They handle much better then bias ply. I think the only bad thing with the higher inflation is you feel the bumps and rocks alot more. I even do better with my mud trucks if I keep the tire pressure higher.

Old 04-12-2005, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I even do better with my mud trucks if I keep the tire pressure higher.
Don't you find a 4wd does better in the mud with lower pressure? I notice that our Jeep does considerably better aired down all the way around in the dunes and mud than aired up in the front. I assumed its because the 4wd drives the front tires. Whereas, 2wd does not drive the front tires, therefore, rolling resistance is more of an issue with a 2wd. What do you think?
Bryce