Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ****** block for winch?

Lol I saw that post, Steve.

Old 04-14-2005, 09:37 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: tyler711
Thanks you guys, I see ebay has quite the collection there. But I am also in need of a tow strap and some shackles, so that Tusk kit looks like a good choice, thanks RescueDiver.
Your welcome[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] For the price they are on sale for[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'm thinking about buying the kit myself[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-15-2005, 08:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Good info guys!

I ordered the tusk kit today from RockyMtn.

Thanks
Dan

Old 08-15-2005, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

Ok guys, education time.

How do I properly use a ****** block?

Old 08-15-2005, 10:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

Old 08-16-2005, 11:58 AM
Weekend Warrior

Good ?

I don't know anything but this is how I plan on using mine.

Scenario 1 I am stuck all by my lonesome: Hook the ****** block to the tree/rock that you would have used to winch off of. Loop your winch cable around block and back to ATV. You have just doubled the pulling power of your winch

Scenario 2 Your buddy is stuck and you want to position your bike to the side.: Hook the block to a object in the direction you want your buddy to move, Position your bike to the side, Loop your winch cable around block and back to your buddies ATV.

Scenario 3 I just killed a really big elk somewhere I can get my quad.: Hook the block to a BIG Tree, Hook up Elk. Lift elk a little at a time, Skin elk, Lower elk onto atv trailer drive to butcher with a whole elk for a change.

Realistically I will have to quarter it and pack it out of some death hole as usual, but we can hope.

I am sure now I have these scenarios someone will provide some constructive feedback.

Dan

Old 08-16-2005, 02:41 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: lslubecki
I heard this from someone elese on this site but it fits me also.

My wench didn't come with a ****** block either untill I married her. HA HA

Steve Lubecki
LOFL! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2005, 02:45 PM
Range Rover

You can go to the local hardware or Tractor Supply store. I bought one there for $ 25.00 & it works great.

Old 08-17-2005, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Whackem
Good ?

Scenario 1 I am stuck all by my lonesome: Hook the ****** block to the tree/rock that you would have used to winch off of. Loop your winch cable around block and back to ATV. You have just doubled the pulling power of your winch

Scenario 2 Your buddy is stuck and you want to position your bike to the side.: Hook the block to a object in the direction you want your buddy to move, Position your bike to the side, Loop your winch cable around block and back to your buddies ATV.

Scenario 3 I just killed a really big elk somewhere I can get my quad.: Hook the block to a BIG Tree, Hook up Elk. Lift elk a little at a time, Skin elk, Lower elk onto atv trailer drive to butcher with a whole elk for a change.

Realistically I will have to quarter it and pack it out of some death hole as usual, but we can hope.

I am sure now I have these scenarios someone will provide some constructive feedback.

Dan
Exactly!

Old 08-17-2005, 02:34 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: tyler711
Originally posted by: Whackem
Good ?

Dan
Exactly!

Yep, you got it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

By doubling the cable up on a ****** block, you double the pulling power. It works slower, but stronger pulling power[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Snatch block for winch?