Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Snatch block for winch?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 02:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ****** block for winch?

Originally posted by: tyler711
Anyone know of any good ****** blocks for a winch? I stopped at my dealer today, but he said that he hasn't found one cheap enough to stock. He said all the ones he has found cost 45 or 50 dollars. Anyone one know of one rated enough for a 3000 lb winch, but is still moderately inexpensive?

I know that you should not cut corners when safety is involved, but 50 bucks is a lot for a pulley.
50 bucks is like 2 hours pay for me it better to be safe then sorry so SPEND the dam 50 bucks

Old 08-17-2005, 02:49 PM

Originally posted by: lslubecki
I heard this from someone elese on this site but it fits me also.

My wench didn't come with a ****** block either untill I married her. HA HA

Steve Lubecki

thats kinda rude dont you think lol but i liked it oh and does ur wife know you rote that?

Old 08-18-2005, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: trailblazermudrunner
Originally posted by: tyler711
Anyone know of any good ****** blocks for a winch? I stopped at my dealer today, but he said that he hasn't found one cheap enough to stock. He said all the ones he has found cost 45 or 50 dollars. Anyone one know of one rated enough for a 3000 lb winch, but is still moderately inexpensive?

I know that you should not cut corners when safety is involved, but 50 bucks is a lot for a pulley.
50 bucks is like 2 hours pay for me it better to be safe then sorry so SPEND the dam 50 bucks
50 dollars is a LOT more than 2 hours pay for me, but after looking at both pulley blocks, I'd say that the cheaper one is of completely acceptable quality for this application.

Old 08-26-2005, 09:08 AM
Trailblazer

Does anyone know the tonnage or lb. ratings for the straps, ****** block and clevis hooks that come in that Tusk kit? rocky mtn. doesn't have that info listed in the description.

Old 08-26-2005, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Argyll
Does anyone know the tonnage or lb. ratings for the straps, ****** block and clevis hooks that come in that Tusk kit? rocky mtn. doesn't have that info listed in the description.
I may have the paper that came with it on my desk at home, I'm not sure and I'm at the lake.

The ****** block seems to be of suitable quality. The straps also seem quite strong.

I ripped open the loop on the long strap by trying to "yank" out my very stuck sportsman with my 250. I backed bumper to bumper and gassed it, apparently 8 ft of full throttle was too much for the stitching. I must say that the strap itself is strong enough, though. I tied a loop in the end and it held up to the same pull fine. So the stitching is a little subpar, but the strap is plenty strong.
But the kit is worth it for the ****** block alone.

I'll look for those numbers if I can find them when I get home, prolly sunday nite.

ty

Old 08-27-2005, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: trailblazermudrunner
Originally posted by: lslubecki
I heard this from someone elese on this site but it fits me also.

My wench didn't come with a ****** block either untill I married her. HA HA

Steve Lubecki

thats kinda rude dont you think lol but i liked it oh and does ur wife know you rote that?
You must not be married, just wait you'll see. once they say I do in the church they say I don't in the bedroom.