Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

why so many problems?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 11:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why so many problems?

whats rong with all these polaris atv's having so many replacements fuel pumps cables throttle body? whats the deal i had a yamaha for 6 years and nothiong had to be replaced but the brakes and 1 light bulb in the front thats it and i have had my 04 foreman now for 10 months and not had one problem with starting in cold weather or anything AND i have 3,439 miles on it? and i put both of them through everthing.

Old 04-14-2005, 12:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Ok for one I have never heard of throttle bodies being replaced. The only thing with the fuel pumps are on the NEW EFI's. And very few had cables pinched. So what is your point. The first year an atv is introduced it WILL have bugs/problems. It has happened to all the best atv's. As for the cold 90% of them do not have problems. The 600's had problems but Polaris had a jetting update. Hopefully you are not another young punk kid that thinks he knows everything, thinks he has the best atv, and decides to come to the Polaris forum to start crap. If you have a legit question the fine but if you are here to start crap you will be kicked out . I dont underastand what your question is. Did you go to the other forums ie Yamaha, Kawi, Suz to say whats with all the problems or did you just pick out Polaris?

Old 04-14-2005, 12:53 AM
RAJ
Pro Rider

Got to love people like this.

Old 04-14-2005, 01:32 AM
EAB
Pro Rider

Check the source

Old 04-14-2005, 05:54 AM
Pro Rider

EAB. Thanks, that thread was entertaining.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2005, 06:16 AM
Pro Rider

This kid must have been whooped on pretty bad from a Polaris to have this much pent up anger.
Probably a Trail boss 330 or a TB 250 that did the damage.

Seen that other thread before, the kid don't even know that the 600 didn't come out until 2003.

Jim

Old 04-14-2005, 07:56 AM
Pro Rider

Go to any thread on this board. There is something wrong w/ every quad by every manuf. ( except Honda Foremans and Yamahas), according to the "experts". Funny thing: All of the King Quads have, or are going to have, reverse failure. Every Vinson will break the frame. So, you Polaris guys better get ready, as every Polaris EFI will have pump problems. I've also got a bridge and some prime real estate for sale on the Hatfield McCoy trail system that I'll sell ya-real cheap!

Old 04-14-2005, 08:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

the fuel lines were rubbing against the frame causing premature wear, and causing it to be sticky or the quad become uncontnrolable. it was a recall on all the sportsmans to have a new line put in.

replacement fuel pumps have been on the 05 700's and 800's. the electric motors broke and needed to be replaced

i hope your not trolling around looking for trouble like in your last post, which i still find hard to belive with all your modifications to the drive train. dont start an arguement in a polaris forum buddy, you wont win or will be flamed out.

Old 04-14-2005, 08:46 AM
Pro Rider

I own a Polaris and it is two years old now no problems except for the battery failed. I have rode with every machine made at one time or another. I have found they all break. My buddy is on his 3rd engine in his 2002 350 ES Honda. Was on a weekend ride and we had Three Kawasaki break,the oldest of them was a 2004 650 . I have personally towed home a 600 Grizzly. And just last week end we had to tow a Suzuki. I don't rub it in or say anything because first of all they all break,second of all the last thing a rider wants after breaking down is having it rubbed in and thirdly it will be me on the end of that tow rope one of these days.

Old 04-14-2005, 08:51 AM
Range Rover

YA...I keep wondering whats wrong with my POLARIS, cause it just keeps running GREAT!!
MUST OF GOT A LEMON....JUST MY LUCK [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: why so many problems?