Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Bent Axel on Trail Boss

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 06:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bent Axel on Trail Boss

I have a 2000 TB 325 with a bent axel. It isn't bent real bad, but it is starting to annoy me.

Can these be straightened or do they have to be replaced? I've checked around here and the only answer I get is it has to be replaced and they are about $250 from the Polaris dealer.

Any suggestions?

TIA.

Old 04-14-2005, 09:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Are you sure it is a bent axle and not a bent rim? The rim will bend before the axle would. These axles are pretty much bulletproof. You never hear of a bent or broken axle on a Polaris.

Old 04-15-2005, 12:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well, I can swap the back wheels and the same side still wobbles so I'm pretty sure it is the axle.

Old 04-15-2005, 02:54 AM
Pro Rider

They can be straightened if only slightly bent. You may have to do it yourself. Most places won't do it do to liability. It may not be as strong as before, but then again if it is bent, it probably isn't anyway. Make sure it's not shot bearings. They can cause woble too.

Old 04-15-2005, 07:05 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 165 Likes on 164 Posts

There was a guy on Ebay pretty much parting out a Boss. Price seemed high on some parts, but cheaper than a dealer.

Old 04-15-2005, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2manytoys
Are you sure it is a bent axle and not a bent rim? The rim will bend before the axle would. These axles are pretty much bulletproof. You never hear of a bent or broken axle on a Polaris.
ive heard of alot of ppl braking the axles on their scramblers,ive broke 2 on mine and a friend broke 1 on his 500 scrambler..its funny because both my axles snapped and my wheel didnt even bend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-15-2005, 11:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Did you replace them yourself? How much were they?

Originally posted by: thewayout420
ive heard of alot of ppl braking the axles on their scramblers,ive broke 2 on mine and a friend broke 1 on his 500 scrambler..its funny because both my axles snapped and my wheel didnt even bend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-16-2005, 01:15 AM
Trailblazer

i wouldnt say that, i was flipping threw a old atv sport the other day and they had an artivle on the scrambler and the pic had a rear shot of the scrammy with both sides of the axle snapped off. they hit a jump and they both snapped.

Old 04-16-2005, 05:34 AM
Range Rover

Mine is bent, how much labor is in to taking it out and putting into a vice>?

Old 04-16-2005, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider

the first one that broke was covered under warranty,the second one i bought and replaced myself,i think it was $169,after i broke the second one i replaced it with a team industries axle and dont plan to ever brake it..its really simple to change a axle,maybe 15-20 minutes worth of work..

Quick Reply: Bent Axel on Trail Boss