Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

250 engine siezed

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 250 engine siezed

tyler711,
Those 2 strokes are not hard to rebuild. If you have never rebuilt one, you can do some research and get a manual to help you out. If you have the polaris dealer rebuild it then have them put in a wiseco piston. The polaris pistions are crap and will not last as long as a wiseco pistion. Just my 2 cents

Old 04-23-2005, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

Hey tyler711. One thing about any engine and two strokes in particular. If the engine is bogging and not putting out power, the worse thing to do is give it full throttle. Invariably, this type of problem is the result of a lean condition or mechanical failure and it only destroys more things the longer it runs. The key thing is to determine what caused it to fail. Could be dirty carb, injection oil not getting to the engine, old tired engine. Unless you think you might have gotten bad gas, I doubt it was bad gas. If you don't know what caused it to fail, then carefully clean the carb, replace the fuel filter, check the oil pump, check or replace the oil lines, replace the oil filter, replace air filter. (After repairing the engine) Has the engine been modded?
I hope this helps you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
BryceGTX

Old 04-24-2005, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BryceGTX
Hey tyler711. One thing about any engine and two strokes in particular. If the engine is bogging and not putting out power, the worse thing to do is give it full throttle. Invariably, this type of problem is the result of a lean condition or mechanical failure and it only destroys more things the longer it runs. The key thing is to determine what caused it to fail. Could be dirty carb, injection oil not getting to the engine, old tired engine. Unless you think you might have gotten bad gas, I doubt it was bad gas. If you don't know what caused it to fail, then carefully clean the carb, replace the fuel filter, check the oil pump, check or replace the oil lines, replace the oil filter, replace air filter. (After repairing the engine) Has the engine been modded?
I hope this helps you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
BryceGTX
It was my brother's friend riding it, and he said he was giving it full throttle for about a quarter mile until it died [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]. The engine was stock. My dad already gave the dealer the ok to fix it up, so I guess that's what's going to happen. If it was anything but the engine we'd do it ourselves, but if we came across something odd or wrong in there, we would never know. Its best to learn about the more complicated stuff by watching someone who knows what they are doing instead of figuring it out yourself I think.