Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Over Sea Transactions??

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 02:37 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Over Sea Transactions??

it's a classic scam. Guys please don't fall for this stuff. Cashiers checks, money orders they can all be faked. Cash in hand is the ONLY way to do business these days. PLEASE follow that creedo when selling. Cash talks Anything else walks.

Old 04-20-2005, 05:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Gorgia Quotes- "it's a classic scam. Guys please don't fall for this stuff. Cashiers checks, money orders they can all be faked. Cash in hand is the ONLY way to do business these days. PLEASE follow that creedo when selling. Cash talks Anything else walks. "

that's fine. but how do you mail CASH through the mail? i think it's great to deal in cash but always wondered how to mail it safely to someone.

-MT

Old 04-20-2005, 05:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mtpockets
Gorgia Quotes- "it's a classic scam. Guys please don't fall for this stuff. Cashiers checks, money orders they can all be faked. Cash in hand is the ONLY way to do business these days. PLEASE follow that creedo when selling. Cash talks Anything else walks. "

that's fine. but how do you mail CASH through the mail? i think it's great to deal in cash but always wondered how to mail it safely to someone.

-MT
I think he was just trying to say avoid the situation and work with someone in person who has cash in hand. You didn't have to type all that, just hit the quote button.

Old 04-20-2005, 06:40 PM
Elite Pro Rider

When doing a face to face transaction...use cash. For any transaction involving the internet...dont risk more than you can afford to totally lose. Its way to easy to scam people using the internet, and if you dont know who youre dealing with..youre probably getting scamed.

Old 04-20-2005, 06:49 PM
Trailblazer

Exactly. Now my question is if your dealing by mail how do they get the bike? I'm not one for shipping stuff but if you MUST deal by mail the safest thing out there are postal money orders. And for Gods sakes don't ship squat until you go down to the post office and make sure they are real.

It's about playing it safe guys. When I bought my quad I looked at another that was a good price but the guy said he was in england and would deal thru friends. Also that even tho it was in the next state over and I was willing to come for a test ride that wouldn't be allowed. I walked away and reported the issue to cycletrader.com.