Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Now my shed smells

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 04:20 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now my shed smells

like brand new Polaris. Its the best smell in the world. And I can't get enough of just looking at it.
I picked up the new 700 EFI this morning. Anything I should do, look for? What kind of break in techniques do u guys recommend?
Are there any good places to order accessories for this thing: winch, bumpers, etc.?

Thanks, Bill

Old 04-20-2005, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now my shed smells

Congratulations on your new bike. For accessories, your dealer is always a good place to go, as long as you like them there. The more you spend there, the better they like you.

If you plan on riding in any mud or snow, a winch is definetly a nice investment. It is pretty hard to lift an 800 pound atv out of a snowbank or mud hole by yourself.

For the break-in, that is usually a debated subject. My opinion is to be real nice to it at first, just moderate throttle and moving at a nice medium speed. As I put a few miles on it, I go a little faster and accelerate a little harder. Just like it says to do in a car manual.

A bumper is also a nice investment. The front end won't do so well if you hit a tree at any real speed, so a front tube bumper can really save you some money. A rear one is useful if you are often backing up (exploring new trails, plowing) or if you have absent-minded friends (can't tell you how many times my friends have hit me from behind if I stop or slow down).

There are lots of places to get things, I like Cabela's for one. Other places include Rocky Mountain ATV or Lester's ATV, but I havent dealt with them at all.