Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

99 Magnum

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 10:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Magnum

Hello Forum.

First post on the Forum so hello to all. Just bought my first ATV - ever. Purchase was sight unseen - a buddy picked it up for me and I have yet to see it. 1999 500 Magnum. My friend says it is in good shape cosmetically and mechanically. I bought the machine for $2500. I have no prior experience with any ATV - never driven one. I bought this one because a friend told me Polaris was the machine every other manufacturer tried to build. I have done the search and saw only a few posts about the 99 Magnum and I would like to get more info and also get a good manual on maintenance and etc. I live in the country (solid trees in sandy soil) and thought I would use the machine to get around through the woods, do ranch maintenance and travel back and forth to my shooting range.

My questions are - #1. Did I get a machine that is suitable for my intended purposes? Is there anything that I need to do in the way of aftermarket parts or fixes that really would help for my needs.

I am working away from home and it will be a while before I get home. Anyone have pics of this machine you can post or e mail me? I don't know what they look like?
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-20-2005, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default 99 Magnum

Well I'll tell ya what we have that exact machine at work a 99 Green Magnum 500....Honestly I can say that it is the most reliable machine i have ever ridden...and it does get misused----No warm up, no oil changed when needed, and used in high range when there is 4 people on it going up a hill.....300 hrs and no problems...because it is a straight axle solid build machine...sounds like it will work well for your indended purpose...I'd keep it stock though you dont really need anything and it says the most reliable...just change all the fluids and air filter and grease it when you get it...ok

Old 04-20-2005, 11:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 99 Magnum

Your response is much appreciated. I usually research stuff to death and my impulse buy is unusual for me. Glad to hear I did not get hosed or get something I could not really use. Forgot to add it also has a Warn 2500# on it. I guess I did OK ....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]