Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Trailblazer looses power as it warms up??

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 01:59 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailblazer looses power as it warms up??

The bike is only 2 months old.....

Old 04-28-2005, 07:20 AM
Pro Rider

Do not rebuild it. Unless you dumped sand down the cylinder[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Put in the HPD blue & trust me, you won't be complaining about a low speed bog anymore.

Old 04-28-2005, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider

age dont mean crap, what has the bike been through, dip the free air engine in the water a couple time when that motor is hot, that causes enough damage to loose compression at warmer temps. Dont listen if u dont want to, but dont ask if u dont like the help.... too all of u.

Old 04-28-2005, 03:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Everyone is just giving ideas. If AussieRider were to do all of them, he might as well buy a new one. I've had 6 trailblazers and never had to rebuild one. With your increased bore, you are adding compression and will give more power. You have a good idea, but unless he did something wrong in only 2 months, it shouldn't need rebuilding, maybe more breaking in.

Old 05-04-2005, 10:56 PM
Trailblazer

Ok, have tried various things, such as tightening the belt, re jetting etc, not with a lot of success.

I have fitted the HPD solid blue spring, it is a hell of a lot better, but you can still feel the power drop off when it warms up? so who knows what next?

Old 05-04-2005, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

Glad to hear you like the blue spring. I'm sticking to my guns about the power loss. It's a common problem with an air cooled engine, the hotter it gets, the less power it will produce. Like I said before, my one riding buddy has a 2000 TB 250 & it suffers from the same problem. I had a 400ex prior to my Scrambler & Banshee, & it too had a noticeable power loss the hotter the engine got. Not horrible, but noticeable.

I have also owned fan/air cooled snowmobiles & the same thing. The hotter the engine, a noticeable power loss. Just the nature of the beast I'm afraid.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2005, 11:12 PM
Trailblazer

It starts to suffer after only ten minutes, but I guess thats enough. I did note that mid range power with the blue spring is much better too.

I noticed that in mid range I backed off then gunned it on my grass, this would normally see it just race off, after the blue spring, it tore hell out of the grass for about 10 feet. I was happy...

Old 05-04-2005, 11:26 PM
Trailblazer

How did you set the secondary spring? If it's not there already, use #3 on the moveable sheave and #2 on the helix. If that doesn't help try #1 on the helix. Good luck.

Old 05-04-2005, 11:30 PM
Trailblazer

Its set that way, but can you tell me what changing these holes does?

Old 05-04-2005, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

The diff. holes are for letting the clutch upshift and backshift differently. I set mine at 2-2 and it works really well.

Quick Reply: Trailblazer looses power as it warms up??