Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

hpd exhaust coming apart at rivets

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 01:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hpd exhaust coming apart at rivets

Hey has anyone had their hpd full exhuast system come apart at the front rivets? My steel rivets seem to have cut right through the alumium muffler. anyone else?

Old 05-02-2005, 03:58 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Yes. I noticed it when I went to repack my muffler. All I did was filled in those holes with some JB Weld and put in new rivits, about 9 or 10 of them. It should hold this time!

Old 05-02-2005, 06:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

how long did you have your muffler before you repacked it. I have had this muffler for only 8 months. I can't belive that it would come apart like this.!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 05-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Elite Pro Rider

About 2 years of hard abuse

Old 12-25-2005, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

I had two of HPD mufflers come apart at the rivets too within one year. The rivets ripped the alum body so I couldn't fix ether one. They were $300 apiece. $600 worth of junk. HPD told me they won't do anything for me because they are high performance parts. They told me the same thing when I told them about the roller clutch they sold me. They said the whoops kills the rollers in the clutch's. I don't know about anybody else, but I never been on a trail that doesn't have whoops. That was another hunk of junk. And the chain tensioner is another one. The chain tensioner didn't prevent my chain from breaking and busting my trans case. And the chain was a new DID chain and broke at the master link. That chain tensioner was useless and fell apart a lot. The way to prevent the trans case from getting a hole in it from a broken chain is to take that piece of junk plastic chain guard that Polaris put on it and make a new chain guard out of a piece of angle iron. It will fix that problem and won't cost you a arm and a leg to make. I would never buy anything from HPD again. I hope people learn from my problems. Too much money to thrown away. I put the stock stuff back on it and there wasn't much difference in power and it was much more quiet. It's a bitch when you have to worry about to high DB's and spark arrester's to go riding. Everyone check's now.

Old 12-26-2005, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Gunman457, sorry about your luck with HPD parts. I've got almost all HPD stuff on my
250. From the exhaust to a chain tensoner and have not had a problem with any of their
stuff. I would tell people about any problems like you have done. Thats what these forums
are about. Over the past 5 years I've ran my TB 250 pretty hard and the only thing that I
can remember that broke was a throttle cable.

Old 12-26-2005, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider

well, i have bee telling you guy about HPD going down hill for the last few years. It seems to me that there parts all seem to fall apart.EVERY part i got from them for my predator has broke.