Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Scrambler Break Leak

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 07:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scrambler Break Leak

I've tried searching the forums but I am unable to find anything like this...

I have a 2001 Polaris Scrambler 4x4. Recently the breaks went dead on me after I had ridden it in the snow(left it outside because I didn't have a garage) air in the line I assumed. I bleed the breaks and it appeared fine. I go riding the other day, and for awhile they appear to be working fine. Gradually they start to not be as sharp. Eventually they are down again to where they aren't even stopping. I examine my quad and notice that there is fluid(break fluid) leaking from somewhere on the rear break unit(near the bleeders) The bleeders aren't the problem, it's something else back there. I can't find it because it's a slow leak. I tightened all the bolts, bleed the breaks again, nothing seems to stop the leak.

Is there a common issue going on? What can I do to fix it? I might take it in to the dealership if I can't figure it out.

Any idea on how much a rear break unit would cost? It's not the pads for all those who wonder, its something with fluid leaking and eventually getting too much air in the line.

Old 05-09-2005, 03:50 AM
Range Rover

I have an 02, I noticed that fluid came out the rear when the pads got real low, it allowed the cylinder to push out to far causing it to leak around the seal. After replacing all pads, stoped leaking back there but I cant use the foot lever to stop the bike now. Would love to figure this one out. Tried bleading the crap out of it but that rear peddle will still not work.

Old 05-19-2005, 01:30 AM
Weekend Warrior

to adjust the foot pedal turn the allen screw on the caliper lever {it looks like it should be holding the lever on} clockwise untill the pedal is firm--

ps. mine leaked untill i replacd the pads also

Old 05-19-2005, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

There are O-rings in your caliper that helps seal both halves. Take your caliper apart and replace the O-rings. See if that helps.