Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Pictures from St. Helens/Bull Gap ride

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rode St. Helens/Bull Gap

I rode with Jimmypsp700 and his buddy brian this weekend. we left the flint area at about 1:30pm and went straight to St. Helens, when we got there it was starting to rain so we put on our rain gear and headed out anyways. the rain stopped and the sun came out, we found the all sand scramble area where there are hill climbs, jumps, flats, and a large bowl shaped hole in the ground to have some fun in. we rode till 1:30am and I have to say that I really enjoy the long night rides although I got my 700EFI stuck going through some nasty thick muddy water and had to reach under the water to get my winch hook unhooked from under the radiator guard so that I cound have brian pull me out. once we loaded up the quads we headed back towards west branch to find some food and the only thing open was a shell gas station and the 7-11 store so we ended up eating those hotdogs/nachos which had probably been rolling in the rotiserie all day. we made it to my father-in-laws cabin on the rifle river next to lake ogemaw where I still had to turn on the water, heat and water heater. we slept till about 11:30-12 the next day and went to the ponderosa in west branch where we got hit on by the waitress, we went to autozone and got a universal cellphone holder so brian could modify it so his garmin gps would fit into it then we headed to the Bull Gap ORV trails. we rode till 1:30am again and I'd have to say the night riding there was a bit more scary due to all the deer we almost hit, brian came inches from hitting one with his front rack on his yamaha kodiak (nice atv by the way). we rode into Mio and stopped at the gas station to fill up and found a few honeys that showed us the goods for a five spot (pictures may be available soon) then we headed towards McKinnley but ended up taking a different path to get back to the parking lot otherwise it probably would have been about 4:30 when we got back to the vehicles to load up. all in all I would definitely recommend Bull Gap to go riding. maybe Jimmypsp700 will even put his two cents in about the trip and even what we'll just call "the gas station incident". [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-09-2005, 11:42 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SB, I was at Bull Gap hill all day Saturday. Did you happen to run by the hill on your trail ride?

Old 05-10-2005, 12:50 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Im leaving in the morning to head up there. Never been to Bull Gap or ST Helens, but I wanna try it this time. Usually ride the Maltby Hill area. I will be up there until Friday.

Old 05-10-2005, 01:05 AM
Elite Pro Rider

The hill itself is bad and choppy, but the trails are in pretty good condition.

Old 05-10-2005, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider

LOL silverbullet2005. Sound like you guys had a great time. We love the the Bull gap trails. BTW, how the heck did you get out of the mothers day thing to go out riding?
Bryce

Old 05-10-2005, 02:34 AM
Pro Rider

I live in flushing so the cabin is only about 1 1/2 hours away roughly. we left sunday morning so we could make mothers day, the funny part is that I went straight from the cabin to my mother-in-laws house so I unloaded the 700EFI and went out riding the local trails which is my usual riding location. we keep my wifes 700EFI over her parents house due to no storage space so her atv was already over there and her dad has a 400 xplorer that other people ride. so no I made mothers day, but yes in a way I did get out of it. the cabin is in prescott so it's really close to both St. Helens and Bull Gap.

Old 05-10-2005, 04:42 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: maddog56
SB, I was at Bull Gap hill all day Saturday. Did you happen to run by the hill on your trail ride?
No, thats about the only area of BG we didnt hit (and McKinnely). We put on almost 80 miles.
If I had the Scrammy along with the paddles i would have made it a point to go there.

I was out at the hill last year and it was fun racing up the hill and watching.

Was there a lot of people there?

Jim

Trending Topics

Old 05-10-2005, 04:44 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BryceGTX
LOL silverbullet2005. Sound like you guys had a great time. We love the the Bull gap trails. BTW, how the heck did you get out of the mothers day thing to go out riding?
Bryce
We headed back early afternoon on Sunday. I almost didnt make it in time and heard it from my sister!

BigBad,

We parked over by the Maltby hills area (BG S.E. parking lot/staging area) and rode through there on the way to mio.

Jim

Old 05-10-2005, 06:01 AM
Elite Pro Rider

We got to the hill around 11 and planned on spending an hour there and then hitting the trails. Well we ended up at the hill for 8 hours but even at 8pm there were still about 25 quads at the hill. Pretty busy all day and a good time. I'll be in Mio for Memorial but most of that time will be on the trails and a little fishing.

From what I saw the trails looked pretty good near the hill. How were they on your ride?

Old 05-10-2005, 06:09 AM
Pro Rider

They were great, some of the straits through the tight woods were wooped out but the roads (routes) were great.
A good time!

I will be hitting the hill sometime this summer with the scrammy!

JIm

Quick Reply: Pictures from St. Helens/Bull Gap ride