Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

sp700efi sputters at wot-high speeds

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sp700efi sputters at wot-high speeds

So I got to try out my 700efi last weekend with the 800 pipe, 800 air intake, and clutch mod. I did a plug check before doing the mods, and they were a nice golden brown[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] So anyways, it ran flawlessly all weekend... except for that flat right rear tire[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] High range is much more fun, especially at lower speeds. The primary clutch mod gave it a lot more torque on take off and you can litterally crawl
around now in high range. I may still try the Dalton kit when I save up enough. This thing really has a different sound with the pipe
and snorkle, it sounds deeper at idle, and really screams on acceleration. I may still get a K&n but I didn't want to do too much at once.
well like I said it ran great all weekend... even when going through mud/water up to the bottom of the seat. I washed it all up, opended
everything up and dried everything out. Took it for a hard ride after warming it up tonight and at wide open throttle it cuts out and
flass flat on its face, but only at high speed. Almost like it hits a rev limiter... but it is happening at about 6100 rpm. Checked the plugs, they look golden brown just like before the mods, so I don't think it lean. Traced all wireing, all okey, dry clean and tight. no chafed
wires. It only has about 130 miles on it, so I still expect a few little bugs. the plug wires were greased good and tight at both ends also.
Has anyone experienced this before? It feels like it is starving for fuel, let off the throttle a bit and it pulls hard!

Old 05-11-2005, 01:20 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sp700efi sputters at wot-high speeds

Mine did this as well at around 200 miles or so ,still in the break in stages.I've tried to get it to do it again now that it is broke in and it does not do it so i say dont worry to much about it.And yes, i do think its the rev limiter.