Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

King Quad puts Polaris products ...out of business!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 12:00 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King Quad puts Polaris products ...out of business!

you need to go look at the amount of recalls on KQ, 5 i think ( that says alot about the quality ), and also, just what i want on my fourwheeler is a 5" diameter gas cap on the fender.... thats real attractive!!!!!! Polaris all the way, AMERICAN MADE!!

Old 05-12-2005, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

What about the rash of broken transmissions on the new king quads???? Seems like a problem with reverse or something? I'll stick with what I have as I have been happy with my poo's so far.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-12-2005, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider

Oh and btw, what shines on the KQ? The only thing I see good about it is the price, I'm sorry but I'm just putting my opition out there.

Old 05-12-2005, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider

What about the KQ cracked frames, and poor front ends? To anyone who obtains thier info from magazines, you will be dissapointed when you get in the real world. I was watching ATV Television the other day, correct me if I'm wrong, the host is Doug Meyers. Anyway, I had to turn and laugh. He could not drive a quad for crap. He was trying to illustrate how well radial tires work in snow, and it was just funny watching him try to drive over rocks. Idk, I just couldnt trust anything someone like that said. Btw, he never rides a Polaris, they dont sponsor him.

The KQ will surley be a good quad in a few years, when they work the bugs out.

Old 05-12-2005, 12:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'll say this, magazines and television shows are going to rate highly the companies that pay them more, my other hobby is rc monster trucks and those mags are just the same, back in the day when the kyosho usa-1 and the tamiya clodbuster were THE trucks to have they did a shoot out and broke the kyosho numerous times but pushed it aside as well it was a rough tumble.....then gave the win to the kyosho. Its still the same now, the almighty dollar casts the last vote. To be honest from riding in a hunting club in the mid 90's i was a die hard polaris hater, who would want a 2 stroke 4x4, they were horrible to ride behind, burned your eyes whether you had goggles or not, belts always slipped, but they were comfortable when they were running. Now a guy from my local hobby shop has been raving about his 04.5 sp500 HO so i took one for a ride at a dealership, and bought one, sure its cold blooded but then again its a 500 cc machine. I can't speak enough about this machine, even weighing 700 lbs dry its drives like alot lighter machine, I much prefer this to the warrior i used to have and the big bear 400 my friend has, much smoother ride, heckuva lot more power and better clearance. My only complaints are terrible gas mileage, heavy, and can't shift on the fly, i get left a bit behind on trail rides because i like to drop it in low before attempting any mudholes then back into high after, but then again i can catch up pretty quick.

Old 05-12-2005, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

I've hearing 'Suzuki' and 'cracked frames' more often as of late.

Old 05-12-2005, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

I think if you want a very comfortable ride and a very capable 4x4 that will take over and through everything, get a Sportsman. If you want a high performance flat cornering quad, don't get a King Quad, get a Predator. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
BryceGTX

Old 05-12-2005, 01:23 AM
Trailblazer

My brother bought a new suz KQ, and I wasn't that impressed with it. It doesn't corner all the well, seems top heavy and not that that responsive. Compared to my old Xplorer 400, I think it was a complete waste of money. I agree with the other people that say that you can't rely on magazine articles, and the like. I've ridden both, and while the KQ was a good quad, I don't think that it was worth the money. There are too many issues that need to get worked out. Just my two cents.

Old 05-12-2005, 01:35 AM
Range Rover

So if the Sp 800 is the clodbuster of ATV's, what is the RC 10? I think the Bombardiers are the Schumacher Cats. I was always a Team Losi JRX2 guy myself.

Old 05-12-2005, 02:11 AM
Trailblazer

Quick Reply: King Quad puts Polaris products ...out of business!