Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Quality?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Polaris Quality?

The few times ive been with a polaris somthing has slipped or broken and had to be towed back. Before i get any negetive replys by these polaris lovers(which i have no problem with, this is america), the polaris atvs were well kept but out on the trail broke down. I know polaris has a rep for bad quality, and as much as polaris lovers deny it, its still what i hear and see. No offense, just stating my 7 cents.

Old 05-19-2005, 11:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris Quality?

Hmmm. Are you a Dale Jr fan?

Old 05-19-2005, 11:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Polaris Quality?

I've got a2001 500 HO and have put it through hell. It's got over 3000 trail ridin', snow plowin', honda, yamaha, suzuki, kawasaki, . towin miles on it, and I've only changed the belt. It's been a great machine.

Old 05-19-2005, 11:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Polaris Quality?

Glazin, what part of IL? We moved from McHenry 5 years ago. Love it out here. 110 degrees today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-20-2005, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Quality?

This is my first quad, bought the Sportsman 500 HO and love it. Third season and almost 3000 miles replaced the battery and did regular service.....What's not to like

Old 05-20-2005, 04:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Quality?

Originally posted by: gordongl

I really like the Sportsman 500 HO, and I can get one at a pretty
good price ($5881 OTD), but a local independant atv mechanic
says they have a lot of problems, particularly with the suspension.
He said it is caused by the high ground clearance that puts shafts and
stuff (I'am not a mechanic) at an extreme angle.
Thanks for any info!
Thats a line of bull! The SP500 is one of the best and most reliable quads out, its been around for years.
The axil problems are from extreme lift kits and would be the same on all makes. The polaris quads have the biggest diameter stafts and the most HD suspensions of all makes.

Polaris used to have a bad rep for quality back in the late 80s early 90's but that has all changed even though alot of people dont (want to) think so.

Jim

Old 05-20-2005, 10:52 AM
2c3
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Quality?

i bought the 700 efi because i love how it looked and it come stock with 26in agressive tires and skid protection underneath. i had a brochear at the house that i had been looking at that states worlds toughest atv. i wonder if that statement is like the one with the lifetime warranty belt. they say nothing about it only covering the oringanal belt . any after that you buy. so in my case i got a 130 mile warranty on my belt. im not one of these guys coming from another forum trying to bash polaris. i own one and its been nothing but trouble from day 1. ive been riding utillity atvs for 5 years now and seen all different brands of atvs on the trails and none of them experiance the trouble i have with mine. i mean come on this is a brand spanking new atv that i bought nov 17 of 2004. now should the worlds toughest atv be having all these problems. shoudnt the worlds toughest atv have grease in the rear hub bearings. shouldnt the worlds toughest atv have proper boot protection from the dealer all other brands do. can you people not understand how pissed i am about a brand new atv falling apart. a $8000 atv i might add. wouldnt you be pissed if it were you. sorry guys just letting off a little steam. i love these forums and i love to ride butt i hate working on a brand new atv. and buy the way i pulled the front hub bearings appart also and they were fine. so if the front hub bearings had grease in them why not the rear. ill tell you why beacause they didnt put any in them. my front was hard to steer why because there was no grease in the steering linkage. i greased them and no noise and steers great now. and for the guy who said i need to change my profile your right. but that just shows you i loved my polaris when i bought it. all the trouble im having with it is making me disslike it. thanks guys

Old 05-20-2005, 12:02 PM
Range Rover
Default Polaris Quality?

I have a 05 Polaris 700efi with 165 hours and 1500 miles on it and it has been the best four wheeler I have owned by far. Only had one problem to speak of and that was a incorrect routed wire to T-Bap sesor. They fixed under warranty and no other problems. I ripped a front inner cv boot, but that was my fault and yeah I had the rubber washer melt too, went to Bomgaars and spent about .50 cents and that fixed my problem. I had way more problems with my 04 Kawasaki Prairie 700, but after the bugs got worked out I didn't have any problems with it. Like it or not most quads do have a few small problems, but I wouldn't trade my Polaris for any other quad.

2c3
I don't know how your rear gear case could be a half of a quart low when they only recommend 5oz of fluid.

Old 05-20-2005, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Quality?

No offense but if you can't say anything nice then keep it to your damn self!!!!! It's not just Polaris that has had a few bad apples fall off the tree, every brand has them you just down hear about it from guys that ride with the other brands because I think we don't feel the need to invade the other forums just to say that your brand sucks. I have rode with plenty of yamaha's (which I am a previous owner of) that have been junk and had to be pulled out of the mud and have broken down.

2c3 - I had a belt shred but that's why they have a lifetime warranty on their belts right? I also had my foot brake pedal go to the floorboard and wouldn't stop my rears but it just needed the air bled from the lines which took less than 5 minutes. I have about 700miles on my 700EFI and have not had a cv boot rip on me or any suspension parts break and I even have a 2" strut spring spacer on my front suspension which made the front end stiffen up a bit. low fluid levels is just part of maintenance but should have been full from the dealer if they did the inspection and prepped your atv the right way. Did you take the atv to the dealer to address any of these issues and if so were they fixed free of charge? a good dealer like mine would even good will warranty stuff even if the atv is out of warranty just to earn the business and keep you coming back. sure I am not happy with some of the problems I have had with my atv but that's why they sell extended warranties and even the dealer recommends them because polaris only puts a 6month warranty on their products which sucks but hey that's life. Even if my atv itself has issues later down the road I will still buy Polaris because of my dealer, they have been great and it's guys like them who keep the products selling.

Old 05-20-2005, 01:36 PM
2c3
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Quality?

silverbullet2005 they replace one belt and thats it. your second belt has no warranty. i hadnt had a problem with the second one yet. the dealer replaced the first two boots that tore and modified the front boot guard. took them 2 and 1/2 weeks to get the boots. when i finnally got it back the first ride a tore 2 more boots . so instead of taking it back to them for a problem they couldnt fix i got heavier duty boots and got the strong made stick stoppers and so far no more problems with boots. all the other problems i fixed myself because i didnt want to leave it with them for weeks at a time. i was going to take it to them for the rear hub bearings but the warranty had aready expired 2 days prior to me finding the problem. the belt issue my fault. the brakes simple fix. but there is no exuse for the boot problems and no grease being in the rear hub bearings. i took them apart and nothing but dust fell out along with bearings and race that had already rusted. luckily i was able to sand all the rust off and repack them and they were ok. i have emailed polaris with no replies. i have tried to call costomer service and i get put on hold forever with no answer. i tried to speak to the owner at the dealer and he wont speak to me. i hoping all these problems stop but i think i bought a lemon.

Quick Reply: Polaris Quality?