Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Help with mods for TB250

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 11:27 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with mods for TB250

My fiancee (Frizzle on this forum) has a 2K4 TrailBlazer 250. I have read before that getting an exhaust, clutch kit and air filter would open this quad up. What are some name brands to get and also websites to buy them from? She is getting pretty used to the TB and she is getting tired of being in the back of the pack. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 05-23-2005, 12:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

HPD, AAEN or RCR all the way. Any of these are the way to go. Just make sure you stick with the same brands. Dont mix and match. RCR can put together a kit to match any riding style.

Old 05-23-2005, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

I highly recommend talking to Rick Ritter at RCR. he has a website http://www.rittercycle.com/ check it out.. His customer service is excellent he spent hours on the phone with me helping me get my 250 tuned. The only place I recomend you stay away from is hot seat; there stuff seems to loud and not as much perfomance gain as others but is a improvement... AAen and HPD also have some good products they also have websites you can check out. and in case your new at this a new pipe will require a clutch kit and jetting for it to work.
Rick can put the whole package together for you if you like. do a search on the forums for 250 mods there are a lot of threads about them. Any questions let me know I have modded mine a lot so I may be able to help with tuneing.
Jeff

Old 05-23-2005, 12:43 AM
Trailblazer

2many & Jeff

Is this the right place:

RCR Stage 1 Performance Kit
(All parts in the kits are available separately)
Kit includes your choice of RCR pipe and silencer, clutching, carburetor jets, Hi-flow airbox mod kit with air filter. This is a package that works together, and is built for your riding style and conditions.............. $325.00
Includes FREE SHIPPING!!

The website is http://rittercycle.com/polaris.htm

Do I call them and tell them how my fiancee's rides? Sorry to be annoying, I just want to make sure I am doing this right. Is this a good price?

Did you notice a big difference in the TB? If so, explain what the difference to me.

Old 05-23-2005, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider

Yes right place and price. Did I notice a difference let's put it this way there were hills that I could stop on before with my TB and try to go again and it would just sit there not even move at full throttle just boge down. now when I throttle it in any situation it will eithir move flip over backwards or break something. I ride with 500's and keep up. keep in mind I have done more than just the kit. but the kit alone is a huge difference well worth the money. Yes you should call rick talk to him about rideing style. He'll get you tune up and clutch close for you keep in mind clutching is everything and most poeple change it around a bit to get it perferct for there style so don't be dissapponited if it's not the great results we all talk about right off the bat. Think of it as a starting point you can work from.. Rick well exchange clutch springs for you if your not happy another reason to buy from him.

Jeff

Old 05-23-2005, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

Oh one more thing if you want it Quite talk to Rick about useing a stock 400 silencer on the HPD pipe he sells for the TB I put it on mine because the quitest silencer they had for my pipe was still fairly loud. And I got better low end with the 400 silencer with no noticeable difference in top end..

Jeff

Old 05-23-2005, 01:07 AM
Trailblazer

Jeff,

When you talk about clutching I get confused. The TB is an automatic, does this get just change the settings or something? When you say you break something, what do you mean by that? Also, I am going to have all this put on at my dealer, I don't have the time to mess around with the install.

Old 05-23-2005, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider

Ok the automatic trans has a automatic clutch in it. As you start to give the quad throttle the clutch engauges at a set rpm and the quad starts to move.. this rpm is set by weights and a spring in the automatic clutch....... When you install a performance pipe the rpm that the quad produces it's best power at changes. and your clutch needs to match this......For example if you install a pipe that gives more midrange and topend power you will lose some low end power..So you need to make the cluth engaugement rpm higher or the quad will have a bog on take off. Is this makeing sens or do I need to try and explain better? clutching also effects the rate of shiftout (how fast the quad gets form low to high gear) this also needs to match the rpm the pipe works at. this is why people don't reccommend buying a clutch kit from one place and a pipe from another.

By break I mean my quad has enough power that if I was stuck with out the wheels spinning and I couldent go something would give where before it would just bog down and sit there.

Jeff

Old 05-23-2005, 01:36 AM
Trailblazer

Jeff,

Now i understand what you are saying. I am going to call that guy and explain how she does mainly trail riding. I figure $325 for the whole kit and probably about $100 for install at my dealer shouldn't be that bad. At least then she can have some power and keep up with us when we riding those straight trails.

Old 05-23-2005, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider

Great you'll like it and it's a easy install if you want to save the $$$ and you can get plenty of help form the forum if needed lot of us have put this stuff on the clutch can be left on for the mods to it so you don't need special tools or anything. the jet is prob. the worst part.

Jeff

Quick Reply: Help with mods for TB250