Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris vs. Honda

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 06:15 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris vs. Honda

I just got back from a ride in upper Vermont this week end. I met three friends up there all with Hondas,
2 rubicon 500s, and a rincon 650. I have a 05 Sp. 700 carb, and my brother in law has a 05 Sp 500HO. The second we got there we heard about how they pulled a polaris out of the mud already and they were all laughing. The next day it was the Polaris machines doing the pulling in the mud. For a day and a half we had to keep waiting for the 3 Hondas because the kept over heating trying to keep up with us.
Better ride stronger moters better suspention and overall better machines

Old 05-23-2005, 06:23 PM
Range Rover

That's pretty much what happens in Indiana.

I have to give the Honda Rincon credit where credit is due, they are greally fast on the trail & pretty impressive on hills but they can't hang with a 500-700 sportsman in when it comes to ground clearance or in the mud.Which makes a Sportsman hard to beat overall.

Old 05-23-2005, 07:59 PM
Range Rover

The rincon kept up ok on smooth fire rodes but in the rougher sstuff it fell behind. Did i mention the over heating problem they had it only put them further behind us. As for hills it took the hondas 4 wheel drive to try to keep up with the polaris in 2 wheel up hills and other stuff.

Old 05-23-2005, 09:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

lawnboy2121
Polaris has made a VERY good name for itself in these parts.

i raised eyebrows everytime i plowed BIG snow with mine last winter. in fact, folks would stop me and ask tons of questions about my ATV and Glacier plow.

i think it's just GREAT to ride the BEST ON EARTH! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

~MT

Old 05-23-2005, 11:29 PM
Trailblazer

i agree that polaris will go futher in the mud but after a year has past the polaris owner will have many repair bills while the honda`s will still be going strong.I own a 04 sportsman 500 and ride with 3 honda`s,3 kawi and i breakdown more than everybody combined.

Old 05-23-2005, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

We had a big mud bog last year with a few honda's and a few polaris's and the only ones that went threw was the polaris's not one honda made it threw. We would ride back and forth and the honda guys just held their heads down in shame [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

Old 05-24-2005, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider

Polaris is still #2 in sales...gotta mean something. In my circle of riders from 6 states, Kaw, Zuki, Honda, Polaris, AC, very seldom does anyone ever break down. Everybody has about the same amount of problems which are few.
Plan your ride, plan your maintanence, plan to not break down, usually you will come home in with everything intact

Old 05-24-2005, 01:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mtpockets
lawnboy2121
Polaris has made a VERY good name for itself in these parts.

i raised eyebrows everytime i plowed BIG snow with mine last winter. in fact, folks would stop me and ask tons of questions about my ATV and Glacier plow.

i think it's just GREAT to ride the BEST ON EARTH! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

~MT
Another good brand to plow snow with is the bombardier traxter...I had the 500 and i could plow ALOT of snow...in the mud it sucked...but for a PURE work horse the bombs are great....the polaris is a work horse/mud bogger

Old 05-24-2005, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: brian33
i agree that polaris will go futher in the mud but after a year has past the polaris owner will have many repair bills while the honda`s will still be going strong.I own a 04 sportsman 500 and ride with 3 honda`s,3 kawi and i breakdown more than everybody combined.
maintanence maintanence maintanence

Old 05-24-2005, 08:25 AM
Range Rover

I bought my 02 scrambler 400 brand new and i've kept up on the regular maintenance and i havent had a single problem with it and it still runs like new. i cant complain one bit.

Quick Reply: Polaris vs. Honda