Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

The only thing stopping polaris from being king of the atv world is the weight of their quads

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The only thing stopping polaris from being king of the atv world is the weight of their quads

I feel as if I have a shadow... Funny seeing you here propnut. Do you by any chance have an alias name of LEGEND214? You don't own one of those 600 pound quads do you? I am sure that some Polaris dealer could give you a few hundred bucks trade-in for a new Sportsman. Also, you might want to think about taking your anger management medicine!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
BryceGTX

Old 05-26-2005, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default The only thing stopping polaris from being king of the atv world is the weight of their quads

Oledan, schools still in for me

but now we're going to get personal
no, I'm not going to get personal (first). you had to take a shot with the 3wd [like it was going to bother me a whole lot] before I took a shot at you.

My argument isn't with you and I shouldn't have shot back, but I just can let some things go. It's easy to bash and I don't take critical reviews to heart and call it bashing, but that stupid crap about 600lb quads? It's a pattern for some people and it just ticked me off. I'm not the first to bash on this post, but its OK because he rides a Polaris?

I've had my share of pipes and they just close trails for everyone nowadays. I saw the opportunity to take a shot and I took it. More power though, on a quad? I'd rather work on the handling. A waste of cash and goodwill to the neighbors.

Paramedic, I can't argue your points. I've owned dozens of bikes/quads over the past 30 years. Opportunities don't come up that often for me to buy new stuff and I wasn't taking any chances, I bought the Rubicon for the tranny, reliability, stability, ergonomics, and size. I'm not trying to win a tractor pull, but I better be able to pull logs out of the woods for hours at a time. If I wanted fast it wouldn't have been a 4 (or 3) wheel drive ATV, or an ATV at all. If I wanted a better ride or more power I would have had to consider other rides (carefully). Oh and Bryce, you're a clown

Old 05-26-2005, 06:43 PM
yaK
Pro Rider

Ok ....back to the origanal post! There is a reason that polaris quads are heavier ......look underneath.....see that nice sturdy frame .....see the suspension set ups , both front and rear ? Now look at other brands......Polaris frames and suspensions are larger thicker metal , something I looked at when I bought this machine. Is it over kill? Maybe .... but with what this machine Is intended for It is good in my books! Plus whats a hunred pounds anyway? I weigh 170....I ride with a guy thats 260 . He has a 500 Ho . We switch machines and Its not alot of difference . I belive that that the hundred pounds may equate to 5 mph maybe , if you are going at an incline. IMHO

Old 05-26-2005, 06:49 PM
Pro Rider

More power though, on a quad? They aren't exactly good handling so more power on a quad? I'd rather work on the handling. A waste of cash and goodwill to the neighbors.
Now here is the heart of the matter. When you are climbing over logs and rocks, it is not so important how fast the quad goes around a corner. Clearly a quad with high GC and long legs is made more for this type of terrain. On the other hand, a quad with low GC and short suspension is probably less at home in that type of envinronment. And this is the point of my posts.
BryceGTX

Old 05-26-2005, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider

dude, you got no clue

Old 05-26-2005, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider

dude, you got no clue
Hey propnut. This is why it is so enlightening to engage a technical discussion with you. Rather than coming up with a valid technical argument you come up with personal insults like this. Why don't you just go back to where you came from!!! Clearly you didn't see this thread as what it really was; a troll in the forum. Rather than keeping your mouth shut, you had to actually had to support this guy.
Keep up the good work!!
BryceGTX

Old 05-26-2005, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider

I've got no problem expression my opinion in a constructive, open minded, and fair way with respect for others, it's you that exposes yourself as a brand bias basher in these forums.

Old 05-26-2005, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

I've got no problem expression my opinion in a constructive and fair way with respect for others, it's you that exposes yourself as a brand bias basher in these forums.
So point out all these threads in the Honda forum where I have bashed hondas. No, I don't think you will find one. However, I will point out two threads where we have gotten into technical discussions and your posts start out as personal insults and you only get worse. You are unable to engage in a discussion without this.
Transmissions
Here is the most famous one
BryceGTX

Old 05-26-2005, 07:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: propnut
blah blah blah

I already know 250cc know-it-all will be piping in with some convoluted crap, so I'll say you be quiet now, you Polaris-only lovin, make-believe, never owned a 4x4 ATV, hypothetical, conceptual, guesstimating, cyber rider. 600 lbs is a lead weight quad?? stupid statement, but have a nice holiday, I'm going riding my super-dependable, highest resale - lead weight all weekend while you're typing some more BS. Got to run....
Dude, this was written @10.30 this morning...and youre still here banging away at the keyboard? I thought you had things to do? Are you a keyboard racer too?

Old 05-26-2005, 08:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

Uggg...Honda people...wearing blinders....nice machines, just different styles....

When we go back into the woods....my friend with his Honda Rubi takes off with his one rider and empty racks, and I drive my Sportsman 700 with another passenger, loaded with all the "stuff", pulling a trailer....as my friend speeds ahead of me in his cute little Honda....

over 2000 miles of snow plowing, trail riding, trailer hauling, field plowing, double passenger hauling, and no belt problems here on my SP 700.

There really is no comparison between the two machines actually....one is a workhorse, the other is a nice little machine....

Quick Reply: The only thing stopping polaris from being king of the atv world is the weight of their quads