Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

crashed trailboss 330

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 06:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crashed trailboss 330

let a friend ride my wife's trailboss today and he crashed. hit a tree with right tire and it bent the frame really bad. when you ride it you have to keep the handle bars pointing to the left like you are makeing a left turn when you let go of handle bars the quad make a sharp right turn. the bad part is it's only 2 weeks old and my wife didn't know i let somebody else ride it when she went to the store so she's not to happy. does any body know who i can get a new frame thru and around how much they cost? my friend is going to pay for it so that's the only good thing thanks.

Old 05-29-2005, 08:54 PM
Trailblazer

sweet

Old 05-30-2005, 12:28 AM
Trailblazer

did you have insurance on it?
If the frame is bent, chances are it's totaled.
Turn it into insurance and get a new one...

Old 05-30-2005, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Vmaxdlx
did you have insurance on it?
If the frame is bent, chances are it's totaled.
Turn it into insurance and get a new one...
Start the claim paperwork so you can get the wife's sig before she divorces you.

Old 05-30-2005, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

are you sure the frame is bent and not the A-arm and tie-rod. You can buy new A-arms and tir-rods off of ebay.

Old 05-30-2005, 03:32 AM
Range Rover

How fast was he going? I would think it would take a very hard hit to bend the frame. I mean like a rider injury type of hit. If he hit it with the tire, then the tie rod is probably bent and possibly the A-Arm. If the tie rod is bent you should know just by lookin at the way the front tires are sitting, they wont be parallel with each other. Take it to a shop and see what they say. If its gonna cost more than your insurance deduct then go ahead and file the claim, have them fix it, and have your buddy pay the deduct.

Old 05-30-2005, 03:45 AM
Trailblazer

no it's the frame. the bracket where the tie-rod connects into the frame was pushed into the frame and the frame twisted. i was shocked the tie-rod didn't bend instead. he didn't get hurt just a scrape on his stomach where the handle bars hit him. he said the wheel was turned all the way to the right and the tree hit the rim just next to the strut. and i do not have insurance on it yet,but the insurance company in new jersey doesn't cover anything but basic liability so it wouldn't of made a diff.

Old 05-30-2005, 04:09 AM
Range Rover

That Sucks. Is there a company that offers full coverage insurance for it? If there is, go get it. With it being only 2 weeks old, they wont want a picture of it or anything. Wait a couple of weeks, then turn in the claim. If thats not an option, find somebody that you trust with a torch, have he/she straighten it out for you. If Money isnt an object, then you will need to talk to the polaris dealer about getting you a frame or try finding one thats has a bad engine or something that you can get cheap

Old 05-30-2005, 11:46 AM
Trailblazer

insurance fraud is a crime in the united states.

Old 05-30-2005, 01:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have my quads insured with Allstate, same policy I have on my truck. It's not the cheapest around but my agent really works to make things right and with 2 teenagers riding it has paid off in the long run.

Quick Reply: crashed trailboss 330