Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

I found a dirt cheap winch

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I found a dirt cheap winch

well i was surfing around and thought somebody looking for a cheap light duty winch may be interested
Click here for a dirt cheap Winch

Old 06-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Yep I have had one on my Boss for about a year now. Works great.

Old 06-09-2005, 11:26 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: 2manytoys
Yep I have had one on my Boss for about a year now. Works great.
2many, you think that would be worthwhile an a Sportsman? Looks pretty lightweight.

Old 06-10-2005, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider

i've seen it cheaper than harbor freight prices...and....you get what you pay for....

Old 06-10-2005, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider

I have this same winch, used it for about two weeks on the back of my sportsman. It is plenty strong. i use it to lift a 1 bottom plow and a dics for deer food plot prep. I have 4 quarter acre plots with different feeds in each.
The motor housing bolts came loose and the spool seperated from the frame. It now hangs from the cables until i get a chance to put it back together.
Probably fixable but will buy another one and return the junk one. You do get what you pay for and for $50 you can buy a bunch of them for the cost of a warn.
For the work this thing does i see no need for a 3000 lb unit.
I zip tied the controller to the rack on the left of the seat so i can drive and operate it.

Old 06-10-2005, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider

i got 2 of these and like they say u get what u pay for i had it stall out on my sportman in 2 feet of snow but i am not sure if it is the wire size that i used as i used my remote off my superwinch which is smaller than the champ wire but with some help it still got me unstuck plus it comes with a ****** block. i think mine was $63 cad otd @ costco but i can still get like 5 of these ones for the price of a warn one

Old 06-10-2005, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider

While true you can buy a bunch for the price of a Warn, I wouldn't be thrilled about that when stuck in a mess somewhere with a broken winch. I've had three Warn's, including one on my Jeep, and have worked the heck out of them without failure. I have complete trust that they will work when needed.

Old 06-10-2005, 01:49 PM
Trailblazer

i have had one on my sportsman for about 8 months...works flawless. Used it all winter for a 60" plow and have used it several times to get out of the muck. Excellent deal if you ask me!!!

Old 06-10-2005, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

I agree,
Big names don't always warrent a big price

Old 06-10-2005, 10:05 PM
yaK
Pro Rider

We have a Cheap brand on a trailer at work . Its used to pull up the tail gait on the trailer .....the tail gait weighs like 400 pounds and this thing gets abused. It lasted two years....I just burned it out on weds. Thats pretty good for 75 bucks ...but ....if I'm in the middle of nowhere [like I am all the time] do I want to chance a two day walk back out to the truck? Right now with the Black Flies and Sand flies and Mossies it would be one ugly two day walk......mind you I have a bug hat and a can of off in the box .Also its not like my phone works out there so I feel that certain pices of gear are to never be scimped upon ! Dont buy a cheaper parachute.......dont buy cheaper climbing harneses and beaners , and dont buy a cheap winch if you may have to count on it!

Quick Reply: I found a dirt cheap winch