Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Extracurricular Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extracurricular Lighting

What have you all been doing for better lights.

I ride mostly at night and although the stock lights aren't bad I want to improve upon them. I know about the three light kit but that doesn't really seem to improve my night lighting by any great degree. I'm looking for better bulbs......be it higher wattage, high intensity etc...

I've had no luck finding replacement bulbs of higher wattage when I searched in the past.......but I think I may have just found them on the Kimplex website. They show Halogen bulbs and they say that they are for Polaris ATV's and they look to be same configuration as on my machine. They have 37.5W and 50W. Has anybody used these or found other higher wattage/better replacement bulbs? I'm talking about the two front headlamps in particular.

I'm also looking to add a reverse light. When backing up at night I can't see a thing.

What have you all done?.......I'd love to hear your ideas.

Bob

Old 06-16-2005, 07:58 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

I had a pair of 55 watt halogen lights mounted on mine, and they worked great for a while. Next time I'll put them somewhere they are less likely to get torn off when I roll the quad. I had them run straight from the battery, with a separate switch from the main lights.

Old 06-16-2005, 09:22 AM
Trailblazer

I put reverse lights on my 93 350L 4x4

Get license plate lights from an auto parts store. the ones on a step bumber for a pickup. With a little work they fit right in the ends of the tube that the rear bumper is made out of. drill a small hole to run the wire through and wire it up to the wire that lights the reverse indicator.

They are not bright but I can see when backing up into my shed at night.

Old 06-18-2005, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

Check my pics, I used a set of $15 Walmart driving lights mounted in front of the radiator. I have an illuminated switch on the handlebar cover that I hooked up to a hot wire under the hood. They work great and haven't drawn too much power. I leave them on all the time and at night I turn the stock lights on too. I plan to put similar ones on the back of my wife's sportsman for back up lights.