Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Oops, flipped my Sportsman today

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 08:28 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oops, flipped my Sportsman today

that sucks, but machines can be repaired and replaced. i also had a bad day. but it will just take a some new electrical parts. white smoke from under the hood? not good!!!!! watch out for them snakes....keep us posted on repairs/replacement....dan

Old 06-26-2005, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

o man, i know how u feel, ive flipped many quads. Well, acctually, i dont really know how u feel kuz all of the quads that ive flipped were never my quads! hahaha, they were all my friedns. lol, well, anyways, good luk fixing that thing and be carefull. it never hurts to wear a helmet. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-26-2005, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: spyder6
******, always wear a helmate. from the story it sounds like you were going down hill, but you said that the front end kept lifting up. sounds liek you were going uphill and you stabbed the throttle too much.
I was going downhill...not uphill, i went uphill to get to where I was going, but had to come back down...

damage is almost non-existent....I've got everything fixed today....

Old 06-26-2005, 10:36 PM
Trailblazer

Thats what just happened to me but i was going up hill with a helmet on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and it flipped back on me and i rolled it all the way down hill, and the sad part of the story is i only owned it about 2 weeks at the time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

hope everyone is ok tell your buddy don't forget his tetnis (spelling) shot.

Old 06-26-2005, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

I'm Glad you're ok Dave.

Old 06-26-2005, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jefffoxsr
I'm Glad you're ok Dave.
Thanks Jeff....and everyone else. Bent the front rack back tonight, amazing got it pretty straight, its alittle scratched up, but otherwise pretty good....not the Kolpin Gear Grip base though, its pretty much shot....

Old 06-27-2005, 03:27 AM
Pro Rider

I'm Glad you're ok Dave.
I second that.

Great picts as always.

Jim

Old 06-28-2005, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jimmypsp700
I'm Glad you're ok Dave.
I second that.

Great picts as always.

Jim
Thanks Jim. After driving ATV's and Motorcycles for years, you learn how to get off. The slow crashes are easy, the fast ones is what gets you. Although when going straight downhill on the ATV and going over the handlebars can be hard to get out of the way.

I had quite a bit of oil in the airbox. I got the machine flipped back from being upside-down, to on its side pretty quick, so I think that kept from getting much oil back in the airbox. Just for the heck of it, I will change the oil and filter. With the 4th coming up, I plan on going back to the mountains, so that means doing some riding again. I only do the technical stuff when I have someone along, just in case someone gets hurt. We carry a first aide kit that is equipped with sutures and a staple gun.....just in case we want to keep riding....really....lol...

dave

Old 06-28-2005, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider

It's just a toy, It's just Insurance. Thats what i say if there is no ambulance ride. Glad you're ok Bud.

Old 07-03-2005, 02:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

It dosent matter if it was 100 degrees out. I would rather wear a helmet and be hot then have a accident and become seriously hurt or even die./I know it sounds dumb but you can replce the bike but you cant replace yourself.

Quick Reply: Oops, flipped my Sportsman today