Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Rattlesnakes, gotta love em', check out my pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005 | 02:09 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default Rattlesnakes, gotta love em', check out my pics

it is definitely something you need to be aware of when you are out walking, running, hiking in the field.....if they all rattled, it would be easy, but they only rattle as a warning....when they are hunting, they are just coiled up like the second snake in the pics....sit there quite and then strike...

if you walk a dog like mine, he hates snakes and won't go near them, problem is, he'll never see them.....if he can smell them he'll know, but that is rare, so most dogs will get bit....

talking to my vet, he said he lost 7 dogs to snakes bites last year from the area I walk my dog....I'm guessing that other people have run in to them because I haven't seen anyone walking their dogs up there....

Old 06-27-2005 | 02:15 AM
Quad Patrol

That's to bad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] that seems like a lot of dogs to loose[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Went to my wife's work today in the foothills of the Sierras[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Looked around the dry grass and granite rocks, didn't see or hear any. Did see 2 nice bucks though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-27-2005 | 05:52 AM
Pro Rider

Ive run over a couple unnintentionally and they were unharmed and have seen a couple on my cannondale bike.

Old 06-27-2005 | 01:48 PM
Range Rover

i dont understand, how is a dead snake just as dangaerous as a live one?

Old 06-27-2005 | 04:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: user3657
When we were hunting, a friend shot a snake with his shotgun. As I was examining the many pieces, he said don't touch the head, it could still bite and the venom is still there. Right or wrong, I kept my distance. There are some ugly creatures out there, just like the scorpions we get in our pool.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 06-27-2005 | 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

here in pa we have sum copper heads and rattlesnakes...i hate them...i kill all snakes i see

Old 06-27-2005 | 08:24 PM
|
Pro Rider

You can't get those fangs anywhere near you, dead or alive....when they are dead, they fangs have a tendancy to stick out of there mouth, depending on how you killed the snake, if you accidentally poke on in your hand, etc., could cause some serious pain...

Old 06-27-2005 | 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Budman650
When we were hunting, a friend shot a snake with his shotgun. As I was examining the many pieces, he said don't touch the head, it could still bite and the venom is still there. Right or wrong, I kept my distance. There are some ugly creatures out there, just like the scorpions we get in our pool.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
We used to get 'possums in our pool.

Old 06-27-2005 | 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

WOOOOOWWWWW! Im squirming at my desk here, Im not scared of non poisionous snakes, but rattlers and such I can do without. Im going to WV. in OCT. to TRAILFEST at the HATFIELD - McCoy trail any nasty snakes there to worry about ? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 06-27-2005 | 11:43 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: OGGYDOGGY
WOOOOOWWWWW! Im squirming at my desk here, Im not scared of non poisionous snakes, but rattlers and such I can do without. Im going to WV. in OCT. to TRAILFEST at the HATFIELD - McCoy trail any nasty snakes there to worry about ? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Looks like they have timber rattlesnakes and copperheads[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] But in October, I would think they would be pretty much dormant.

Quick Reply: Rattlesnakes, gotta love em', check out my pics